BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won't go into detail or post pictures since everyone has seen it before on other's cars here.

But I will say that the feel is so much better!! The wheel feels great in your hands, the thumb rests are in the perfect spot, the leather is soft and the wheel is much thicker than the SP wheel.

I got a great price from Cutter BMW (Dan in parts is very helpful!)

The installation only took 15-20 minutes with the DIY instructions on http://www.bmw330ci.com

All in all it was an easy and great addition to my car :thumb:

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alex Baumann said:
Great :thumb:

Does it mean now that you're gonna exceed 1000 miles/year ? :D :bigpimp:
I'll have you know that I hit 6K miles last week...it only took me 18 months to get there!! :D

That 1.8 mile commute to work is a real pain :lmao:

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
Mike 325xi said:

I'll have you know that I hit 6K miles last week...it only took me 18 months to get there!! :D

:lmao: :lmao:

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mystikal said:
Wow, Mike is starting to turn into Alee, retrofitting everything possible to his car. What's next, M3 fenders? :p
Nope...I'm done.

M68 wheels and sport tires, brushed aluminum shift knob (oem but shorter than the leather one) and now the M3 wheel.

I'm really scared when people compare me to Al :yikes: :(

:D

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alex Baumann said:

the first oil change :D :bigpimp:
Hey now!! I got my oil change at one year...whether I needed it or not!! :D

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mystikal said:

I'm sorry, that really was low of me. :( No one can be quite like Al. :eek:
Al is a good man and a great guy...he just has...ummmm...issues :yikes:

:lmao:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mike :

I ordered the M3 steering wheel last week. I will be putting it in this weekend. Is it as easy to install as everyone says it is? Are there any hidden problems? If not I can't wait to install it.

Thanks

·
Brilliant!
9,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JDC said:
Mike :

I ordered the M3 steering wheel last week. I will be putting it in this weekend. Is it as easy to install as everyone says it is? Are there any hidden problems? If not I can't wait to install it.

Thanks
The instructions on http://www.bmw330ci.com were perfect. The only aditional thing I would suggest is a pair of very small screwdrivers (like jewelers screwdrivers) for lifting out the clips on the airbag connectors. I have almost no fingernails so I couldn't get under the clips, if you have nails it will be no problem. you may also need a breaker bar to loosen the 16mm nut but it's not necessary.

And definitely use a torque wrench.

It will be fast and easy and you will love it!! :thumb:

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
Just swap yours from the M3 to the Ci back and forth! They're quick and easy to change.

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
vexed said:

Feel the Aloha Ummm, soft buttery leather, too bad it is forbidden to install one on a wagon....:yikes:
:bawling: :(

I don't know the forces from Philadelphia might be pulling me over to the soft buttery side :eeps:

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
Mike 325xi said:

I think some of us have gone further in reverse then you have in total:rolleyes:

Grrrrrr.............don't talk about commuting:mad: There are now 3 major construction projects between my house and office:( Used to be 35 minute drive is now 1 hour. I wouldn't complain but for a third of the way you're lucky to go over 50 mph:thumbdwn:

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
PM 325xiT said:

I think some of us have gone further in reverse then you have in total:rolleyes:

Grrrrrr.............don't talk about commuting:mad: There are now 3 major construction projects between my house and office:( Used to be 35 minute drive is now 1 hour. I wouldn't complain but for a third of the way you're lucky to go over 50 mph:thumbdwn:
I drive 41 miles one way daily.....25K in a year and a half... :(

·
The Original Dr. Phil
10,985 Posts
in_d_haus said:

I drive 41 miles one way daily.....25K in a year and a half... :(
It's not the distance that bother me just the construction traffic. I picked my wagon up on 12/31/01 and as of this a.m. when I took it in for new throttle/pedal had 7308 miles:D

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.