Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Phlyers Phan
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you can install the clutch stop on a 2002 and it makes a big difference.

ok, well i ordered the big boy clutch stop knowing about the problem with 02's not having a button to depress but a magnetic ignition switch. i figured that i'd try it out just to see how it feels.

what you need to do is screw the stop in all the way to the bottom. the screw that is placed on the clutch stop is about 1.5-2 cm too long. I took a hacksaw and took off about 2 cm and now with the stop screwed all the way in the set up is perfect.

i was able to take the clutch stop out about 1 turn and still be able to start the car. the stop hits a litte more than an inch past the biting point and it makes the clutch response almost immediate.

Rob @UUC: you guys need to make the screw for the big boy like 1.5-2cm shorter and the 02 problem will be solved. Or atleast offer a 2nd screw we can use to replace the one it comes with.

so you '02 owners out there you can install the Big Boy with a little effort :) or a trip to home depot to find a replacement bolt.

·
600 Posts
oh yeah, I sawed off the tip too but never mentioned it.

kurt

·
Phlyers Phan
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you 01 guys are lucky.

the rubber grommet trick is nice and simple.

the 02's wont have the same level of adjustability but in my case i'm really happy with where the clutch hits the stop.

do you have the ignition button or the magnetic mechanism?

·
600 Posts
I never took the column apart to check for myself. Based on the info I gathered, I suspect I've got the magnet. If I ever have reason to get in there I'll check it out, but for now I've done what you did.

kurt

·
When will then be now?
836 Posts
I have an '02 325i with the UUC clutch stop and I didn't have to saw off any part of the screw for it to fit. :dunno:

Car starts just fine, too.

Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts