BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to hard-wire install a Radar Detector into the e46, and I located the wiring harness where the sunroof motor should be, and I found what appears to be two unused connectors.
One of them is black, the other is white. Ideally I would get a connector plug and wire that directly to the radar detector. Does anyone have any experience hard-wiring a radar detector into an e46?

Does the ZHP without a sunroof even have accessory power in the roof?

· Registered
2,653 Posts
Yes, the non-sunroof cars are wired the same as sunroof cars.
Does it go with other wiring also?
I mean... if i'm willing to install some original BMW accessories which this one didn't get from factory... is wiring ready in the car already?

· Keeping it surreal
43,843 Posts
Does it go with other wiring also?
I mean... if i'm willing to install some original BMW accessories which this one didn't get from factory... is wiring ready in the car already?
E46s come pre-wired for:

UGDO/Homelink/Assist

Alarm system

CD changer

· Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yes, the non-sunroof cars are wired the same as sunroof cars.
I followed this video, the important fact was which wire to use, and sure enough it was in there.
The splice tool is extremely useful, and once that was done it was 2 seconds putting all the wires up there and leading them to the windshield.

Thanks for the help! :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.