BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. I am installing a new CAS with a new Key I am planning on using OPS Head with Progman v41 to encode and program the CAS. Does anyone know how to start? I ask this because normally you would have to turn on the ignition while programming but since the CAS and key are new what do I do?

Do I have to install the CAS then initialize the key before programming, or do I have to first install the CAS connect the OPS and somehow it will allow me to program it without having to turn on the ignition?

FYI: I had to provide identification and proof of ownership to get the CAS from a dealer. Dealer said it is a coded part meaning it is car specific. Hope this info helps in getting an answer to my question.

· Registered
1,618 Posts
You are a brave soul attempting this on your own.
The code is written in German, btw.
This is something I would actually have the dealer do as so many things can go wrong.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are a brave soul attempting this on your own.
The code is written in German, btw.
This is something I would actually have the dealer do as so many things can go wrong.
Don't feel like spending anymore money with these crooks. They claim 3 hours to install the CAS which actually took me less than 10 minutes, the thing is held in by one bolt for christ sake. Then there is also the programming cost.

· Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gee_115 Can you please show/tell me the location of the CAS Module on the 2009 E60?
Your car is an LCI so I can't guarantee but it should be the same. It is located next to the steering column, remove the driver side footwell cover then look up, it is attached to a metal strip. See the document below, you can't miss it if you know what it looks like.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.