BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you take out the Side Markers? I thought I saw somewhere that you side them to the left and then use a credit card (old) to pop them out. How does the install go on this? Also, I am installing Euro-style Brakelights that are OEM. How do i go about taking the old lights out and installing the new ones?

Brandon :drive:

---Current Car: 1999 E46 323i

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
adc said:
Try these instructions for pre-face lift cars (1999-2002):
http://www.my330i.com/mod2.php
http://www.my330i.com/mod7.php

Post face-lift (2002-2006):
http://www.my330i.com/mod31.php
http://www.my330i.com/mod32.php

Not difficult, but if you've never done this before it can take a couple of hours... good luck!
:thumbup: :D THANKS a million! That helped very much. I did the Tailights so far. It was soo straight-forward! Although, I got really pissed off with the Trunk Liner on the passenger side, it took me a bit to figure out how to pull out that plug that it talked about. The new taillights went in slick otherwise. Now on a side-note, Does anybody know a good resource for Installing Angel eye Headlights? They are the Projector type. Maybe Mr. Umnitza.. if your out there, can you help me? I bought them from you :) Thanks! I hope to enjoy them . :drive:

--Brandon

·
Registered
676 Posts
This has been a big help.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
20,002 Posts
Great instructions!! Thanks for posting them. I am just about to do these mods and was a little concerned about how to get the front corners off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:thumbup: Good Luck!

tturedraider said:
Great instructions!! Thanks for posting them. I am just about to do these mods and was a little concerned about how to get the front corners off.
Hey Great! Right now I'm in the process of installing Angel Eyes Projector Headlights. After that I am going to put clear side markers on. Once everything is done, I will try to post a picture of how everything turned out:)

Good Luck! One thing that I might want you to be forwarned about, The passenger side Trunk liner is a B%#$ ( :mad: :bawling: :thumbdwn: )to get off. It was very tedious! Eventually it came off :) Once everything was done, all i had to do was re-install the trunk liner and just snap some parts back together, and then closed the trunk and then turned the car on in the garage and then turned the garage light off and then just smiled and patted myself on the back. The install for the Rear Taillights took about 2 hours or so. :thumbup:

Cordially,

Brandon Vlasak

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
Umnitza can email you a link to online installation instructions. I was able to manage my way through them... just be VERY patient and be careful not to break the plastic clips in the pieces surrounding your headlights. Easy to do.

Here's a pic of my car with the angel eyes & OEM clears & silver bulbs. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Click for bigger version

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Projector Angel Eyes Complete!

Hey guys! Thanks for all the wonderful DIY help! :grouphug: Just got the headlights installed! Final step is getting the push in type clear turn signal assemblies at the dealership. The new headlights are, hands-down, 200% improvement over the standard 1999 323i headlights! Thanks again. Would you guys like to see some pics of the completed project that you all helped me with via these great tips?! :thumbup: :drive: :bigpimp: thumbs:

Cordially

Brandon Vlasak

·
BMW Fahrer
4,674 Posts
Bimmerkid18 said:
Would you guys like to see some pics of the completed project that you all helped me with via these great tips?!
Of course - in fact if I were you, I'd hurry up. I think there is an automatic ban from the forum if you don't post pics with the modification results... :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
adc said:
Of course - in fact if I were you, I'd hurry up. I think there is an automatic ban from the forum if you don't post pics with the modification results... :D
I know, my camera is being a total NOOB! It needs to be repaired. it will be at least a week before i can post pictures, sorry. I might try to have my friend take some pictures of it for me with his camera

1 - 10 of 10 Posts