BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing the interface adapter for iPod sounded easy enough when I purchased it, just plug it into the CD changer jack, right? However, after exploring the right rear compartment of my trunk I discovered my 1998 316i is not prewired for a CD changer. Now what? Can I hook it up to the stereo some way? I'm hoping so because it would be much easier to use my iPod in the front seat than in the trunk :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't have an exact answer for you to use the adapter you bought, however, I can tell you what I just got.
I bought a JVC head unit, with an Ipod interface adapter. This lets me control the ipod with the stereo

·
Registered
1 Posts
Silly differences

I am looking at doing the same thing as you but on a mor hack grade level. The previous owners cut my wires
the cd stacker in the 316i
is kept on the near side of the car in the front just under the dash
you can pull down the kick panel and find wires or see if the connection is compatable with the back of the head unit

i dont know what connection they give you for that kit

·
Registered
38 Posts
Installing the interface adapter for iPod sounded easy enough when I purchased it, just plug it into the CD changer jack, right? However, after exploring the right rear compartment of my trunk I discovered my 1998 316i is not prewired for a CD changer. Now what? Can I hook it up to the stereo some way? I'm hoping so because it would be much easier to use my iPod in the front seat than in the trunk :)
What adapter is it? If it's DICE, then this cable may help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts