BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my wish list for my 2004 325 are the iPod interface and Nav, if they can be installed w/ my stock stereo system. Is that possible, and if so, can I get some suggestions on a reputable place in the CA Bay Area that does the work for a reasonable price? How much do you think it would cost for these installs? Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
DICE Questions

alphabetsoop said:
Just installed the DICE ipod integration kit and it is awesome. Did the install myself in a couple hours and everything works great.
Have a 2005 330cic. Looking to install DICE, since it sounds like the best option versus others and fairly easy to install.

Just a few questions to clarify.

From what I can tell, the DICE module installs in the trunk (same place where the cd changer plugs in). It uses that connection to communicate with the standard business head unit? Then you only have to run one cable up through the rear of the car to either the glove box/center console to connects the ipod? That correct? If so, is the ipod cable long enough or did you need to buy an extension?

Thanks!

·
Registered
336 Posts
pedersenkl said:
From what I can tell, the DICE module installs in the trunk (same place where the cd changer plugs in). It uses that connection to communicate with the standard business head unit? Then you only have to run one cable up through the rear of the car to either the glove box/center console to connects the ipod? That correct? If so, is the ipod cable long enough or did you need to buy an extension?
You are correct. The Dice comes with a 6 foot long (I believe) cable that goes from the DICE in the trunk and runs all the way to the center console. Should you require more cable, you have the option to buy an extension.

·
Registered
318 Posts
pedersenkl said:
Have a 2005 330cic. Looking to install DICE, since it sounds like the best option versus others and fairly easy to install.

Just a few questions to clarify.

Thanks!
You connect two cables to the CD Changer in the trunk and after removing the back seat (not difficult, and not necessary if you have fold-down seats) you run the cable through the car to the front. You connect the DICE module to the cable and can place it anywhere you want. Then you plug the ipod into the module and and can control the ipod from both the car radio controls and from the ipod itself. I'd recommend buying through European Auto Source because of their reputable customer service.

Check out the tutorials for further details

http://www.europeanautosource.com/support-center/index.php

·
Registered
318 Posts
pedersenkl said:
Thanks for the help. Will be ordering and installing soon.

Any reason why everyone seems to favor buying from European Auto Source intead of direct from DICE http://www.diceelectronics.com/?
I've heard complaints about the customer service from people who ordered from DICE. However, Tom from European Auto Source is a sponsor here and is very easy to deal with.

·
european auto source
5,879 Posts
pedersenkl said:
Thanks for the help. Will be ordering and installing soon.

Any reason why everyone seems to favor buying from European Auto Source intead of direct from DICE http://www.diceelectronics.com/?
Well, we supply the support for DICE on the BMW/Mercedes side - you would be helping a forum sponsor as well as recieve one-on-one technical support if needed. Also, we're just great guys. :angel:

We have the kits in stock and can ship as soon as tomorrow morning!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently just bought an FM transmitter to use in my 04 3330ci for my ipod nano, the reception at times is pretty good but I can noitce some static in the background which bothers me. So, I am looking at the DICE iPod Integration Kit for BMW you all are taking about in the thread. Im not very savvy as far as electronics go for cars, but is the install fairly simple for a novice like me to do? ALso, I saw on their website it says to select either the SAT or CD Changer source. I do not have a cd changer in my 330 and am not familiar with the SAT source that they are refering to. Do i need to have a cd changer in order for this to work? thanks

·
european auto source
5,879 Posts
sribb43 said:
Recently just bought an FM transmitter to use in my 04 3330ci for my ipod nano, the reception at times is pretty good but I can noitce some static in the background which bothers me. So, I am looking at the DICE iPod Integration Kit for BMW you all are taking about in the thread. Im not very savvy as far as electronics go for cars, but is the install fairly simple for a novice like me to do? ALso, I saw on their website it says to select either the SAT or CD Changer source. I do not have a cd changer in my 330 and am not familiar with the SAT source that they are refering to. Do i need to have a cd changer in order for this to work? thanks
The DICE kit simply takes place of the CD Changer - you can still keep Sirius if you have that installed. You will use the pre existing CD Changer cables in the trunk to connect to the DICE kit.

This is the kit you will need:

DICE iPod Integration Kit for BMW
http://www.europeanautosource.com/product_info.php?products_id=268

Installation DIY Guide can be found on the support section on our website:
http://www.europeanautosource.com/support-center/index.php

As always, feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts