BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Much better than "sir, you need a new engine"...some dealerships would jump right to that.

That was likely sudden coolant loss. Unless the spot is life threatening, you want to stop right away. Probably a good thing you didn't have any coolant in the trunk. You want to wait a bit before adding cool coolant to a hot engine as it can crack the engine block.
Ha! I was on I-64 driving through East St. Louis IL and exited at Kingshighway where the strip clubs are located. Luckily found the most beat up BP Station near the highway with lots of folks hanging out. Was taking flowers over to our mom's grave so maybe she was watching out....

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Are you saying that $700 is below mitchell book time? Or that $700 isnt a lot of money to you?

$700 for a tire rotation is different than $700 to install a tranny.
Go back and read for comprehension. $700 isn't much to get the car going and get on with the important things in life.

I could care less whether it comports with some labor book.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
Go back and read for comprehension. $700 isn't much to get the car going and get on with the important things in life.

I could care less whether it comports with some labor book.
He has pretty good comprehension. $700 is not small amount of money to say: just get me on the road. I see you are ready to shell out $3-4000 for actual water pump, bcs. back on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
He has pretty good comprehension. $700 is not small amount of money to say: just get me on the road. I see you are ready to shell out $3-4000 for actual water pump, bcs. back on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You two can have fun concocting hypotheticals for one another. You may want to ask the o.p. his opinion.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts