BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so i just bought a "certified BMW blah blah" 330i and I am about to take it into the shop on the 6th day of owning it. (kinda sucks pay 27,5k for a supposed perfect car and take it into the shop within a week) but for some reason the "one button push" window is malfunctioning takes three pushes! Too many presses of my finger haha and this morning the instrument cluster read 0 Rpms, below empty (and tapping) on the cluster after starting then after 20 sec or so corrected itself. I assume this is not a major issue just a bug in the system.

·
I'm an agent of chaos
3,732 Posts
Sounds like there could be something wrong with your battery. Anyway it's certified so go make them fix it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Damn right they gonna fix it monday. I'm kind of person though i like to know whats going on with my car. But i dont know how battery would do it. I'll just ask em after their done.

·
Living Life At The Beach
3,809 Posts
Never underestimate the battery when it comes to electrical problems on these cars. I'm not saying that the battery is definately the cause of your problem, but depending on how the prior owner used the car (weekend only use, not having a battery tender attached ect) it is not out of the realm of possibility that this could be the cause of the problem. You will find after hanging around here for awhile that some pretty freaky stuff can and does happen when the battery is not up to snuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts