BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to be taking off my intake manifold, and cleaning it. a broken oil separator system/clogged dipstick tube led to much gunk. (CCV done already) so, I'm replacing the intake manifold gasket, cleaning fuel injectors and replacing seals/filters, replacing hoses, cleaning around under there. replacing throttle body gasket. cleaning throttle body. dipstick tube bottom o-ring. I've done already upper dipstick oring. disa oring. cleaned MAF. intake boot fairly new. already cleaned ICV.

My question is what other hoses can be replaced while under there, as in, the fairly inexpensive silicon vacuum hoses. I have some silicon vacuum hoses already for the job, but maybe not enough, 2 ft 3.5mm ID and 1 ft 8mm ID. for secondary vacuum line and other.

In reading/watching DIY I think i see other lines that could be replaced. I couldn't get a clear picture from realoem, so i just wanted to ask around. thanks

·
Registered
5,349 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was reading one thread on the pipes saying if you try to take them off be prepared for them to crack and break. I wasn't going to take them off or replace them unless its a necessary item. If they wouldn't break, I would take them off and clean the corrosion.

Do you recommend I replace them? I have them both at PelicanParts, 2 different brands (genuine and Vaico), for about $80 total.

Did you replace them on your e46?

·
Registered
5,349 Posts
I definitely recommend that both pipes and their o-rings be replaced. The pipes are about $30 and $65. At ~$100 it's very cheap insurance..

I have not replaced these pipes in my 2001 330Ci (~118k miles). However, as you are in there, you might as well replace these pipes and their o-rings.

Here's a nice prices comparison tool from a member: http://www.bmwpnpc.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts