BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out this site for an interesting "supercharger" supposedly fitting the e39 series:

http://www.myhotbmw.com/bmw/SuperCharger/Superchargers/BMW_Intake_Super_Charger/533054

Anyone ever do this? Anyone HEAR or anyone installing one of these? Interesting concept, but I think this contraption would actually IMPEDED airflow, no? Anyone want to try it out and report back??? C'mon, it's $85 and it probably wouldn't actually hurt anything.....

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
And if it does? At least it won't be your car. :)

·
just havin a heart attack
2,741 Posts
:rofl: i'd laugh in the face of the moron who purchases this.

·
Keeping it surreal
43,253 Posts
C'mon, it's $85 and it probably wouldn't actually hurt anything.....
Yes, and your IQ would have to be lower than the price to believe that this piece of sh!t actually *works*....

·
Get left...Go Fast
1,306 Posts
come on guys...50-100 HP gain ! LOL
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Eight years ago when i got my first car, 84 fiero(speakers in the seats-badass) it had no alls. I knew nothing about cars. so searching throuh the internet I found an easy to install electrical supercharger, not this one but similar. So was a whopper-flopper for two weeks to save enough money. Finally got it. Took forever to install it. That was the biggest waste of two weeks worth of pay. It did nothing but make noise, sounded more like a whiny turbo than a supercharger. It did seem to slow the car down. luckily i was 15 and told my mom about getting ripped off. So he called dude and raised hell and got my money back after returning product. She kept my money to teach me a lesson. If you want to buy this product I got ocean front property for sell in Arizona.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And if it does? At least it won't be your car. :)
Exactly :)

I like the concept, but this thing appears to be a Fisher-Price toy. If there was a much cheaper way to implement and install a REAL supercharger I'd be all over it.

·
Registered
697 Posts

·
L C B
1,283 Posts
someone on bf.c summed it up nicely while we were talking about another "product" from myhotbmw.

"you'd really have to hate your BMW to put that on there"

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I've seen electric superchargers for sale on E-bay that are actually bilge ventilators for boats. I know they were because I put new vent blowers in my boat from West Marine and the E-bay ones were identical. I paid about $15 each whereas Mister Ripoff was trying to get $75 to $110 each. Caveat emptor!

·
Freude am Fahren
2,400 Posts
Eight years ago when i got my first car, 84 fiero(speakers in the seats-badass) it had no alls. I knew nothing about cars. so searching throuh the internet I found an easy to install electrical supercharger, not this one but similar. So was a whopper-flopper for two weeks to save enough money. Finally got it. Took forever to install it. That was the biggest waste of two weeks worth of pay. It did nothing but make noise, sounded more like a whiny turbo than a supercharger. It did seem to slow the car down. luckily i was 15 and told my mom about getting ripped off. So he called dude and raised hell and got my money back after returning product. She kept my money to teach me a lesson. If you want to buy this product I got ocean front property for sell in Arizona.
Is the property near Tucson?

·
Registered
8,775 Posts
It might be useful if you were running a single point 'wet' nitrous injector. A nitrous system.

Getting an even distribution of nitrous and gas to all cylinders, from a single point injector upstream of the throttle body, is next to impossible. If this device does spin as fast as it says it does it would help to atomize the gas droplets and even out the gas and nitrous distribution.

In a non-nitrous car it is totally useless because all that is moving thru the intake system is air. Your fuel injectors are located very close to each intake port. So all the device would be doing is spinning in the 100% air stream and slightly (or more) retarding the overall flow.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts