BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, GM is now in THIRD place among ALL manufacturers in terms of initial quality, behind only Toyota and Honda. That means EVERYONE else (inlcuding BMW) has WORSE quality than GM. Bash their designs, but don't bash their quality.

And, for the racists out there (I need to post this at the Org too), the BMW's Rosslyn South Africa plant was the highest ranking European manufacturer plant, ranking higher than any of BMW's German plants or any other German manufacturers' plants ANYWHERE.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
I know you're just reporting what you read on the JD Powers form Tom, but last time I checked, S. Africa was not part of Europe.

:D

P.S. I take it you're not taking me up on my kind offer to purchase one of your used Conti's?

;-)

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
Lest anyone get the wrong idea, of course I'm just kidding. I suspect they're using the manufacturer's host country as their basis.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hts said:
I know you're just reporting what you read on the JD Powers form Tom, but last time I checked, S. Africa was not part of Europe.

:D

P.S. I take it you're not taking me up on my kind offer to purchase one of your used Conti's?

;-)
Dude. Read.

They are referring to European manufacturers. I assume Daimler Chrysler's Alabama Benz plant, VW's Mexico plants and BMW's South Carolina plants were included too.

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
hah! gotcha! too late. you snooze, you lose.

have a great weekend, thomas.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Tahara is the Lexus LS/GS plant. No surprise it got the highest ranking.

I believe Araco is the Toyota subsidiary that has always built the Land Cruiser (also now LX470).

The Kyushu plant builds Highlanders and RX300s.

NUMMI in Fremont (Bay Area, CA) builds Corollas and Tacomas.

Bowling Green is the famed 'Vette plant.

Lansing C builds the Grand Am/Alero/Malibu triplets.
Oshawa 2 is a Buick plant.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Kaz said:
Tahara is the Lexus LS/GS plant. No surprise it got the highest ranking.

I believe Araco is the Toyota subsidiary that has always built the Land Cruiser (also now LX470).

The Kyushu plant builds Highlanders and RX300s.

NUMMI in Fremont (Bay Area, CA) builds Corollas and Tacomas.

Bowling Green is the famed 'Vette plant.

Lansing C builds the Grand Am/Alero/Malibu triplets.
Oshawa 2 is a Buick plant.
Araco #2....we've had lots of electrical problems with our LX:( . No mechanical problems whatsoever though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts