BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Das Hellrot Reisender
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Christmas I wanted an interior car cover to protect the inside of my 1999 323i convertible. So I go to Bavarian Autosports (which only sells BMW items it appears) to order the part and the ad states something like 'for 92-99 models' (IC3032). I'm thinking great, it'll work on all E36s.

So after an easy order and a little wait the cover comes, but the box states '94-96 cover for BMW convertible'. So I call BA and they say sure that'll still fit. OK, so it try it on, and it is several inches short to make a correct fit.

I send an e-mail off to Cover Craft who is the manufacturer of the cover and one to BA with essentially the same message. CC e-mails back and says "Yep, that's the right cover for your car. Maybe it wasn't manufactured correctly." BA e-mails back and says "Nope, that cover won't fit a 99. You can return and exchange or refund."

Does anyone know of an interior car cover that DOES fit my car. I leave the top down a lot and want to protect my interior. At the least I'll be out shipping and handling charges X2 if not more. :mad:

·
Head-In-Sand Dumbass
2,192 Posts
If you bought it from BA, they should send you a return packing slip from UPS or something so you can return it. That way you aren't out your shipping costs. That's just lame.

As for the cover, I haven't the slightest. :p But good luck finding one! Why not go down to the local dealership and see if they have it in stock? Then you can try it out and see if that's the one you need, and get the part #.

·
Das Hellrot Reisender
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well a big :thumbup: to Bavarian Autosport for their customer service. Despite their guidance that the correct car cover was sent (and maybe it was but was manufactured wrong) they have provided me a Fed Ex return shipping number so that I am not double charged (coming AND going) for S&H. Seems to be a good group to work with if you are interested in BMW parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts