BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am scheduled for ED in December, and as I get closer I am thinking more about my current order: 2012 535i xDrive M Sport, Alpine White with Oyster/Black, and Anthracite trim. I have not actually seen the Oyster/Black in person, but the pictures posted make it look amazing.

I am however doubting how well this interior will work in general with alpine white. My current DD is a 330ci in silver/black, to which I have loved for the past 6 years. I have no kids, but have a black lab that will occasionally be with me, seats protected of course.

What I am asking, for those of you with Alpine White or have seen it in person, would the exterior color better suit Oyster/Black or Black. I feel that the black + m sport (all trim, and headliner black) would feel like a cave at times at night, versus the oyster/black lightening things up. Opinions are welcome. Thanks.

This car was what helped me with my current selections.

·
Registered
759 Posts
AW with Oyster/Black, anthracite and the black headliner looks fabulous IMO. This is what I have and I just love the look. If I had to order another one it would be the same - nothing looks nicer to me. Did you order the surround cameras? A must have item IMO.

·
Everything's Bigger in TX
7,121 Posts
Cinnamon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
AW with Oyster/Black, anthracite and the black headliner looks fabulous IMO. This is what I have and I just love the look. If I had to order another one it would be the same - nothing looks nicer to me. Did you order the surround cameras? A must have item IMO.
Thanks for offering your opinion. That is the feeling I get, it will be very classy, and actually very different from my current interior now. I did not opt for the surround cameras, honestly, I am going to be spoiled by having nav and a backup cam as I currently do not have either in my coupe (2003). I hear they help immensely with navigating the size of the car, but living in the suburbs I rarely frequent "city" like parking/maneuvering.

If I was to go with the black interior, I would highly consider the aluminum trim. I agree that it breaks up the interior colors a bit vs. having a dark wood. The cinnamon would be a stretch as I haven't seen it in person, and going with light seats in general is a stretch. I am trying to consider if the oyster/black is a more classy look and the black is a more sporty look. Not that either are better.

Attached is my current car/interior.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,882 Posts
I had aluminum trim in an Audi A6 - it scratched very easily. :dunno:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Both options look great in pictures, especially the black interior against the shadow line trim, and white exterior. I feel that the oyster/black will look great at night with the slightly lighter interior, and ambient lighting on the door. I think I will stay with the original choice as it will be a change from my current set up being black with dark wood.

·
Read Only
995 Posts
I am scheduled for ED in December, and as I get closer I am thinking more about my current order: 2012 535i xDrive M Sport, Alpine White with Oyster/Black, and Anthracite trim. I have not actually seen the Oyster/Black in person, but the pictures posted make it look amazing.

I am however doubting how well this interior will work in general with alpine white. My current DD is a 330ci in silver/black, to which I have loved for the past 6 years. I have no kids, but have a black lab that will occasionally be with me, seats protected of course.

What I am asking, for those of you with Alpine White or have seen it in person, would the exterior color better suit Oyster/Black or Black. I feel that the black + m sport (all trim, and headliner black) would feel like a cave at times at night, versus the oyster/black lightening things up. Opinions are welcome. Thanks.

This car was what helped me with my current selections.

I think that the oyster would look amazing with the alpine white. To me, I think that as long as you maintained the interior this car would be extremely appealing to someone looking to pick up used down the road. It would make me feel great knowing that not too many people would have this color combination on an AW vehicle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think that the oyster would look amazing with the alpine white. To me, I think that as long as you maintained the interior this car would be extremely appealing to someone looking to pick up used down the road. It would make me feel great knowing that not too many people would have this color combination on an AW vehicle.
I completely agree. Dealer inventory of AW all seem to be equipped with the black interior, with an occasional venetian beige, or oyster/black thrown in the mix. The majority of oyster/black interiors that are going to be found on the used market would have been custom orders. I know this will be a very attractive interior, and most importantly it is where I spend the majority of the time, in the cabin, not looking in from the outside.

·
The Driver
4,641 Posts
I find that Oyster looks like beige on a white car, whereas it looks like cream on a dark car. This is why I prefer Cinnamon with White.

·
Registered
8 Posts
AW Oyster/Black

We ordered Oyster/Black Nappa for our AW 2012 535i M-Sport (ED next March).

DD is '99 e39 Touring AW/Beige. Although my SA & CA say this car looks like new at 110K, and both SWMBO and I like the color combo on our current car - once we saw the Oyster/Black on a 2011 550 M-Sport at the dealer we both decided it was for us.

No kids/dogs and I am very anal re cleaning in/outside every week or so.

Good luck on your decision.

·
Premium Member
2022 540i MSport
9,678 Posts
I completely agree. Dealer inventory of AW all seem to be equipped with the black interior, with an occasional venetian beige, or oyster/black thrown in the mix.
You stated you haven't seen Oyster/Black. Are these inventories you've seen only online?

The majority of oyster/black interiors that are going to be found on the used market would have been custom orders.
Actually, Oyster/Black is a standard offering, Cinnamon (which I have) is a priority 1 option, only available on sold orders. More likely Cinnamon was a "custom" order as opposed to Oyster/Black, IMO.

I know this will be a very attractive interior, and most importantly it is where I spend the majority of the time, in the cabin, not looking in from the outside.
It will be harder to maintain. Personally I wouldn't choose a white on white car -- no contrast. But that's why we have choices.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you all for your opinions and help, you all have been very generous. I need to decide to stay with the oyster/black or change to black asap. My ED date is closing in here and I am sure production will start in the next couple weeks. I am going through the many uploaded pics on the site, but both options look great.

·
Cray
3,883 Posts
If I had an F10, I would have got it aesthetically equipped exactly like in that Video. Perfect look on that car IMO.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You stated you haven't seen Oyster/Black. Are these inventories you've seen only online?

Yes, just from looking through the cars.com new car section (distance set to all), the large percentage of AW builds are with the black interior. I have only been able to rely on videos and user uploaded pictures to see the oyster/black.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have a 535i in AW, anthracite wood, and oyster/black. After seeing a special order of it- it's the only combo I wanted.

The black carpet contrasts so well with the seats, plus this combination is relatively unique. Black interior is so boring in a white car IMHO ...

I bet yours would look even better with the dark headliner. John

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.