BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im going to be getting rid of the wood trim in my car because the clear coat on it is starting to crack all over and i originally wanted to do the carbon fiber wrap in silver but now am leaning towards the silver/aluminum finish that the 330s have any suggestions on spray paints and such i have clear coat available so no need for that

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i want a like silver metallic look, the question is after i do the painting will i have to clear coat it or will it be fine?

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
Why not just buy new OEM aluminium brushed columns trim? Yeah, its pricey but it'll look like a whole new interior.

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
I have done spray paint twice (once light silver, once darker silver) on my trim (see pics). Both were done with duplicolor (3 coats) and duplicolor clear (4 coats). When done it is rock hard and lasts great!

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
+1 Smolck
Used the dupli-color on my M steering wheel lower piece and paddle shifters. Came out great.
4 coats color, three coats clear.
One note - make sure the clear you have is fully compatible with whatever color coat you use. If in question, get another can of clear-coat that's the same brand.

·
Who is John Galt?
1,404 Posts
I also went with Duplicolor's Dark Grey. Most go with the 330 silver, but I went for a darker, gunmetal type of silver. Here are some photos for ref...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,984 Posts
I also went with Duplicolor's Dark Grey. Most go with the 330 silver, but I went for a darker, gunmetal type of silver. Here are some photos for ref...

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Now that's an interior I'd like to spend some time in! NICE!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts