BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Am getting my new 300i in black sapphire next month. I am trying to pick interior color and hesitating between terra/burl walnut vs black/alum trim. Anyone has pictures of those and comments?
Thanks!

·
Registered
300 Posts
http://www.e90post.com has a lot of threads for "Official XXXX color thread" I belive they have an all interior thread with pics of various combinations.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I vote for Black/Alum. That is what i am getting with TiAg exterior. I think that in your case, the black outside and inside will be a cool look (like the TiAg/Alum in mine!)

I never liked the wood trim as much as the Alum...reminds me too much of the 7 series...

On the terra seats, i dont like that there are so many colors in the car: terra seats, grey headliner, black dash, black covers on the back of the front seats....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Black is great too, but I love the Terra...hands down. I have the terra with alum. and am thrilled with it. I've seen the alum/burl and that was my 2nd choice. Don't care for the poplar...

I'll post a few pictures, but there are other photos available if you search (also on E90post)

·
Registered
91 Posts
furidoman said:
On the terra seats, i dont like that there are so many colors in the car: terra seats, grey headliner, black dash, black covers on the back of the front seats....
I heard that a lot before I bought mine, but I think it looks great, very sporty yet refined. :D

In design it is common practice to "paint a room" with complementing shades. When having my apartment re-done, most rooms have 4 different colors as a base (darkish wood floor, base trim, wall, and ceiling)...even before adding furniture.

To each his own, but I'm thrilled with it. Check out the photos, and try to see it in person...it doesn't photograph that well...

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just ordered Terra with Alum! My 2nd choice was Terra Burl, it looks awesome too.

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
A question of my own: black leatherette w/ aluminum or gray leather w/ aluminum ($1450)?? :dunno: The former might get a bit toasty on summer days (experience from my lexus), but it saves money and I won't have to worry about treating it every few weeks with conditioner. However, our tester had gray lthr inside and it wasn't too bad considering 90F sun.

·
I love my BMW.
757 Posts
AzNMpower32 said:
A question of my own: black leatherette w/ aluminum or gray leather w/ aluminum ($1450)?? :dunno: The former might get a bit toasty on summer days (experience from my lexus), but it saves money and I won't have to worry about treating it every few weeks with conditioner. However, our tester had gray lthr inside and it wasn't too bad considering 90F sun.
I read on this forum that the E90's get hot regardless of interior color. I have black leatherette and never really ever bothered by how hot the car gets.

I'd save the $1450 and get some other cool features.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would def. go with the black/alum. I have it going with my jet black ext, its one hot combo...literally and figuratively...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts