BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 with just 11k miles and the interior door handle is peeling, has anyone else have this problem? Can it be replaced under warranty? This same problem happend in my VW New Beetle Turbo S.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What should I say when I call? I have a feeling they will just tell me that it's not covered under warranty.

·
Welcomed to the 'Fest!
696 Posts
benathon said:
What should I say when I call? I have a feeling they will just tell me that it's not covered under warranty.
Tell them that your door handles are peeling and that you know that it is a common problem that should be covered under warranty. That's it. You shouldn't have a problem. My dealer has never even blinked when I want them replaced.

·
Registered
307 Posts
benathon said:
I have a 2004 with just 11k miles and the interior door handle is peeling, has anyone else have this problem? Can it be replaced under warranty? This same problem happend in my VW New Beetle Turbo S.
I had mine replaced twice on my 2002, under warranty. Just make sure that when they remove/replace the door panels that they don't damage any of the plastic clips that hold the door panels on, or they will rattle. Also, the led lighting in the interior door release recess is very fragile, and can be damaged easily when removing/replacing the door panels. If they get damaged, their light output is greatly reduced. Just check their work, and if done improperly, make them do it over.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Coffeeman said:
I had mine replaced twice on my 2002, under warranty. Just make sure that when they remove/replace the door panels that they don't damage any of the plastic clips that hold the door panels on, or they will rattle. Also, the led lighting in the interior door release recess is very fragile, and can be damaged easily when removing/replacing the door panels. If they get damaged, their light output is greatly reduced. Just check their work, and if done improperly, make them do it over.
I was thinking about having mine "dipped" to match my light poplar wood trim at a place like American Stitches for example. Has anyone done this? What do you guys think - too cheesy? too much wood? I think it would look better than the painted plastic if they could match the rest of the wood well...

·
Registered
136 Posts
X5Jay said:
I was thinking about having mine "dipped" to match my light poplar wood trim at a place like American Stitches for example. Has anyone done this? What do you guys think - too cheesy? too much wood? I think it would look better than the painted plastic if they could match the rest of the wood well...
so far mine havent peeled, but if they ever did, i think id go for chrome :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts