BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Monacoblau mit beige
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've done 6 things to the interior, keeping it looking stock but more modern. What do you think? :D I like

It was a company car for a law firm for the first 5 years of its life, which is why it has an aftermarket engine immobiliser, interior intrusion sensors and remote central locking! Nice to have that.

1. Blaupunkt Business CD43 (new)
2. 7 button MID with temp retrofitted
3. Genuine dark walnut gear knob (new) and glovebox trim (used)

4. Dome maplights

5. Centre console and cloth armrest retrofit
6. Dark walnut handbrake

Attachments

·
Tyler's Paw Paw
942 Posts
It looks very nice. Good job.

·
Monacoblau mit beige
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks very nice. Good job.

There's something very satisfying about having an older car and looking after it and improving it. I feel like hanging onto it for longer now, and that may be a good idea now that petrol prices are set to reach $10-11 per US gallon over here in the new year or so if oil prices hit higher than $150 per barrel of oil. :eek:

The 4 cylinder will help reduce fuel costs by $16 per tank compared to a 328i.

It definitely develops a bond with the car, I'll never go so far as calling it a she though ;)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Looks very clean, good job. Your lucky to have those accessories like the engine imobiliser installed prior to you owning the car.

·
Resident Pilot
1,778 Posts
Looks good.
Petrol will not hit $11-12 any time soon, despite what the alarmists have come up with.

·
Registered
49 Posts
looks pretty good! great job!

·
Monacoblau mit beige
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the comments! I'd love digital climate control with a/c but alas no! :(

Looks good.
Petrol will not hit $11-12 any time soon, despite what the alarmists have come up with.
That's equivalent to £1.50 per litre in the UK, that it might reach here within a year. It's currently at around £1.10 per litre. But I agree, it may struggle to reach that level unless crude oil continues to increase. The problem is that future prices are almost as high as current prices, and that is for supplies that could be up to 8 years into the future, keeping the damn petrol prices from going back to normal! I read that in the newspaper.

·
Monacoblau mit beige
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks very clean, good job. Your lucky to have those accessories like the engine imobiliser installed prior to you owning the car.
Yeah it's good, there's a lot of extra wiring related to the alarm system and immobiliser that I've seen under the dash! It looks very complicated

·
I Am The Machine
20,931 Posts
Looks good B/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/W.

Cloth interior, eh? Low rent! :rofl: :p

BTW, I never new that Blaupunkt made any OEM BMW items, I thought it was exclusively Alpine & Pioneer.

·
Monacoblau mit beige
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks good B/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/W.

Cloth interior, eh? Low rent! :rofl: :p

BTW, I never new that Blaupunkt made any OEM BMW items, I thought it was exclusively Alpine & Pioneer.
Haha, cloth wears surprisingly well actually, and good for summer heat. "What heat?" you may ask...:rolleyes: :rofl:

Yeah Blaupunkt made all the OEM BMW audio head units, whether casette or otherwise, at least for the E36 over here and I believe other models.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I like the business CD, and the wood, but sorry, IMO I don't like the cloth. just too non-luxury for me. I personally would never get a luxury car with cloth saets.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts