BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hellow fellows,

I bought a bag that comes with a couple different LED bulb sizes for the E34's. I changed the middle one right by the mirror, the make up ones above the sun visors, glove box, the above rear seat ones, the license plate ones, trunk lid ones and the trunk one.

What I had in this kit did not fit the two outer ones by the mirror.

Does anyone know what LED bulb will fit to replace those two outer ones?

·
Registered
794 Posts
Hellow fellows,

I bought a bag that comes with a couple different LED bulb sizes for the E34's. I changed the middle one right by the mirror, the make up ones above the sun visors, glove box, the above rear seat ones, the license plate ones, trunk lid ones and the trunk one.

What I had in this kit did not fit the two outer ones by the mirror.

Does anyone know what LED bulb will fit to replace those two outer ones?
Sounds like your are talking about the Map light bulbs. I tried to replace those with cheap bulbs from the car parts store that fit the sockets perfectly but they wont turn on. The factory OEM bulbs cost about 18 bucks each! So I am guessing they must be special to that use. I don't know if ANYTHING except the OEM's will work there, including LED bulbs.

I hope someone here knows the answer for both of us :)

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like your are talking about the Map light bulbs. I tried to replace those with cheap bulbs from the car parts store that fit the sockets perfectly but they wont turn on. The factory OEM bulbs cost about 18 bucks each! So I am guessing they must be special to that use. I don't know if ANYTHING except the OEM's will work there, including LED bulbs.

I hope someone here knows the answer for both of us :)
The bulb looks like this (first image) and I would think that the LED would look like (second image)

I just don't know if the size of this LED bulb would be compatible to our cars. On the goggle search, it says it would fit an E39 and I found another image linked to be for an E46. I tried to measure the bulb's size and it's about 5mm x 15mm.

I also found this, which makes me want to get, since it's inexpensive.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/One...2282012161.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.18.ekgAaw

Attachments

·
Registered
794 Posts

The bulb looks like this (first image) and I would think that the LED would look like (second image)

I just don't know if the size of this LED bulb would be compatible to our cars. On the goggle search, it says it would fit an E39 and I found another image linked to be for an E46. I tried to measure the bulb's size and it's about 5mm x 15mm.

I also found this, which makes me want to get, since it's inexpensive.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/One...2282012161.html?spm=2114.40010308.4.18.ekgAaw
10 bulbs for $6.39 is cheap. Let us know if you do get them and what you think and how much S/H is. I am going to get some if they work :)

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Interested in the turn out as well. I would mention, cheap LED's are typically a very good example of you get what you pay for, but if a lot of 10 can't get you through a good long while for under $7, who cares right..

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Interested in the turn out as well. I would mention, cheap LED's are typically a very good example of you get what you pay for, but if a lot of 10 can't get you through a good long while for under $7, who cares right..
The kit I bought was this one:

PS: the image of the kit doesn't really come with all the bulb shapes and sizes shown in the image. It only comes with two sizes, the ones that will replace all of the stock bulbs, except the side reading ones that I couldn't replace.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151742770361?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I will find out how long they will last. I saved all the stock bulbs. Out of all of them (maybe 12) I lost 2. One broke, and the other was burned. The other 8 are fine.

The ones that lit the license plate look very nice and bright. I will get a shot and post it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts