BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
car 2000 528 was brought in for oil change. After I picked it up I noticed no heat. Brought back to dealer. I told him for a week I noticed temp gauge was a little left of center mark. But no heat for the first time occurred after the oil change. Hooked car up to computer found nothing, pressure tested held pressure. Dealer changed thermostat . Charged $639 OUCH. dealer test drove car. was heat. I started home and no heat again!! Did search can't find, but either water valves are bad or the climate control panel is on the fritz. Is it possible that the air sampling fan in climate control is stuck ? Possible air in system still? 3.6 hours of labor for what?:dunno:

I left car with dealer gave me loaner. They will work on it Monday.

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
Did search can't find, but either water valves are bad or the climate control panel is on the fritz. Is it possible that the air sampling fan in climate control is stuck ? Possible air in system still?.
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I have some weighty issues on my mind lately.

Searching the bestlinks for you, the best links I can come up with for you are the following:

- How to diagnose lack of HVAC/IHKA heater core heat with cooling system (auxiliary pump) at idle (1) & an HVAC (IHKA) sampling fan check - a cn90 15 min DIY project! (1) & how to remove the IHKA air conditioning control panel to clean the circuit board (1) (2) (3) (4) & how to remove the trim and bracket holding the MID & HVAC/IHKA panels (1) (2) &

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.