BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 BMW x5 and it is a great car, and I love it but some things arent working and its really annoying me.
My intermittent wipers and rain sensor have stopped working recently and I have no idea why. The wipers work in the other modes and the rear works fine. Also, my power folding mirrors dont work properly either. They fold in and then immediately fold back out again. Can anyone help me try and fix my problems ? Any input is greatly appreciated !

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have the same problem (2006 X5 4.4)with the folding mirrors. I understand it to be a sensor that is in the housing. Cost to replace or fix is about $200-$300, may not be worth it......I'm not sure of any cheap and quick fixes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just wanted to mention that I used the info I found in this forum to fix my folding mirror problem. I apologize for not re-posting the thread that I used but for some reason I can't find it anymore.

Anyway, both mirrors would not stay folded. I manually folded each mirror very slowly listening for two small 'clicks'. Found which mirror didn't 'click' and then proceeded to remove the back mirror cover. Managed to remove the mirror cover with my hands, no tools, without breaking any clips (this was the toughest part). Best way is to pry from the bottom up and towards the front.

Once cover is off, detach clip for heat and fully remove mirror cover. Look for small blue and white wires leading into a smalll plastic housing. Pull housing off and you will see a small micro-switch attached to wires. You should also see a small chrome coloured piece of metal somwehre in the plastic housing that has detached itself from the micro-switch. Re-attach small piece of steel to micro-switch by aligning holes in small piece of metal with little nibs on the end of the switch. Re-install switch into housing then re-install housing into mirror. You should be good to go.

Also fixed my buddies mirror problem on same afternoon. His mirrors have never stayed folded since he bought it and he refused to spend money on a dealer fix. Another very satisfied customer.

Thanks Guys!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts