BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all. I've now owned my 2006 650i convertible for a month, and I've just about addressed all the issues that enabled me to buy it at a reasonable price. But one is still deviling me: Regardless of the program source, the entertainment audio will drop out about every five minutes for 10 seconds or so. First the sound will stop, then the antenna signal strength icon will disappear; 10 seconds later they both come back. This is consistent, and independent of whether it's AM, FM or CD from the changer.

Satellite receiver is working, as is the Bluetooth phone connection. I've already replaced the console unit containing the two drives and the Logic7 amplifier. I guess I'm going to have to dive into diagnostics by shunting around each of the remaining components on the fiber optic circuit. But I'd certainly welcome any input to short-circuit this process form anyone who's seen this behavior before or has a handle on what / which component could be causing it. Thanks!

Best,
Alan
Berkeley, California

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem solved, mostly: It wasn't anything in the 650i, at least primarily -- it was my iPhone. When it was connected via Bluetooth, the sound would drop out, regardless of source, every 5 minutes or so for about 10 seconds. (It turns out the antenna strength logo at the bottom of the screen is not radio signal but Bluetooth signal). Turned off my phone's Bluetooth; no dropouts. Connected a friend's Android phone; no dropouts. Now I need to connect another iPhone to see if it's generic to them or specific to my iPhone.

I can't find anything on the boards about iPhone Bluetooth issues -- anyone aware of any? Perhaps there's a relevant software update??

·
Super Moderator
8,687 Posts
Iphones have had issues with their updates on our cars. Sometimes if you delete the phone & then connect it again, the problem will go away. When Apple updates their firmware again, you never know what will happen. If your car battery gets low on voltage, the bluetooth will drop out at times. It is always good to make sure your battery is charged once a month, just to keep the gremlins away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts