BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Battery dying. Did the search. Read Ron's post, plus the others. Just want to double check: The Insterstate MTP-91 also fits the Z3 Coupe 3.0i, or Z3 Roadster 3.0i as well? (Only M Coupe was being mentioned) Thanks.

Any more recent thoughts on Optima? So they're more shock resistant and temprature stable... but do they actually last longer, or most important of all, are they tougher about being left idle for two weeks at a shot? My Coupe sometimes sits for that long.

Battery Tender questions:
Dumb one... Is the Interstate just as vulnerable as the OEM to dying / damage from being left unused for a week to sometimes two weeks at a shot? Or was this scenario a product of the OEM battery's short falls?

Is this still true or has this changed --> The BMW battery tender kit is the same exact kit that is sold on the internet under the Battery minder / tender name.. just more expensive is all? I'm asking, because my discount with my dealer is good enough that the price will likely all work out the same, making it way easier to just drop by the dealership to get one.

Thanks guys (and gal).

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
TurnAround said:
Battery dying. Did the search. Read Ron's post, plus the others. Just want to double check: The Insterstate MTP-91 also fits the Z3 Coupe 3.0i, or Z3 Roadster 3.0i as well? (Only M Coupe was being mentioned) Thanks.
The coupe and M coupe use the same stock battery. Not familar with the coupe installation.

·
M Mad
10,475 Posts
Battery Tender is the same as BMW unit, except it doesn't come with the cigarette lighter plug.

Battery Minder is a different unit, with some added capability to resurect over discharged batteries.

The problem with th eilde time, is if a good battery is dying in a couple of weeks, you have some form of excessive current drain. Our M Roadster goes 4 - 6 weeks at times without a problem. Same with my E46 M3. Both without a Battery Tender. The LTW does have a problem with long waits, but it can go several months between uses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.