Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 6 years of owning Subaru's, I finally caved and decided to return to the fold. :D

This topic has probably been hashed over several times, but here we go:

I recently purchased an X5 with the HiFi system (option 676). At first I hated it, with bluetooth it was horrible (incredibly compressed), with the cable it was immensely improved (iPhone). That being said, the head unit does not allow you to change the mids and occasionally all I hear is compression. Ive managed to work around the lack of EQ options by using the EQ on my phone to help (mildly improved, but sometimes it still sounds HORRIBLE).

Would replacing the factory amp take care of the issues I keep hearing? If so, I have seen BimmerTech's solution and BAV Sound... are there any other plug and play solutions? I really don't want to dive into replacing the speakers just yet (from what I remember from my 325IS the door panels were never the same and would always rattle).

Looking for guidance... thanks!

·
Registered
458 Posts
I went stage1 but for clarity at louder volumes. Looking at the amp now, email bavsound, they are good to work with on questions. Not sure if amp gives you equalizer config like some of the other amps out there that can use a mic to fine tune to your tastes.a

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,463 Posts
Looking for guidance... thanks!
Go find
Leonard's Recording Studio
Leonard Gibbs Producer & Recording Engineer
202 Live Oak Avenue
Charleston, SC 29407
1-843-571-1113

Ask Leonard Gibbs’ advice. He used to be very easy to talk to and learn from 25 years ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts