BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

new to the forums and likely I should have checked it before going into the dealership. I ordered a E93 convertible from bmw san francisco 2 months ago with the car being ready to pick up in early Sept. I so far have not returned the PO paperwork nor signed any formal contracts to buy the car but i need to do so before this coming Tuesday.

I believe I was misled by them when i initially went in whom told me the ED MSRP price is the final invoice price, no discounts are given at all...nor are any discounts given for options added to the car. At the time I went in (June) they told me nobody is getting E93s even at MSRP, but they are selling them $2500 above MSRP to everyone and I was lucky that I'm doing ED and getting a discount, and that the $3435 discount for base E93 at $45665 was the invoice price and they don't make any money from it.

So when I put down my deposit my understanding of what I'm getting is:

E92 Convertible ED: $45665
The rest at full price
Space Gray: $475
Sports Pkg: $1300
Steptronic: $1275
Paddle: $100
Active Steering: $1400
Premium Pkg: $1550
Comfort Access: $500
Heated Seats: $500
HD Radio: $500
Destination Charge: $775

Total of of $54040..

From reading the forums here it looks like I really not getting invoice pricing+premium but im actually paying full MSRP for the car which angers me because that is not what i have been told.

I have three questions....
1) Is this a bad deal?
2) What method can I use to calculate the true invoice pricing for this car and the options?
3) At this late in the game is there any recourse to renegotiate the price? They already have my deposit but I am ready to not sign the paperwork and perfectly content in not having my car for another few months...

thanks in advance,
jordan

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
1. Compared to US delivery, no. Compared to ED bimmerfest norm, yes.
2. Look at the invoice pricing posted elsewhere on the boards. Either the dealer forum or 3 series forum has them.
3. Yes. Present your homework, and be prepared to walk. Without any formal documentation, your deposit should be refundable. Do some research into the legalities of this.

However, you did agree to buy the car, and its the salesperson's job to maximize profit. It may be that BMW SF is selling all ED E93 cars at ED MSRP, and stock cars over MSRP. Option prices ED or US delivery are the same. It definitely pays to do your homework first before visiting the dealer.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
At this point, you'd better renegotiate fast or as you say be prepared to walk and cancel all your Europe reservations. :cry:

Looks like if anyone doesn't want to wait and doesn't care about the specs then a fully-loaded e93 might be moving into the ED pool soon...LOL :rofl:

·
Premium Member
7,705 Posts
A few thoughts:

1) This is BMW of SanFrancisco, there will be no renegotiation on this deal.

2) OP is getting a convertible, the car is low in supply and is likely coming out of the dealer's own allocation.

The price is pretty much the current going price for cic. So no... its not a bad deal...

now a question:

Why would you buy CA when you live in Seattle, WA ??!!:eeps:

beewang :bigpimp:(541)393-2286

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
If the OP wants a car for ED in September this is his only option as I don't see any other dealer being able to match it because all 2007 E93 convertibles are coming out of dealer allocation at this point. HOWEVER, if time is not a factor then a better deal would likely be possible for early November ED for a 2008 from one of the board sponsors.

·
DA
210 Posts
Just jumped through hoops to get a mid November ED.. looks like December is the earliest possible date-- unless u happen to catch a cancellation.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
I would go enjoy the first one in September,order another one for March pickup at a better price,and sell the first one, over US MSRP........
Leave it to Irv to come up with a solution that is a win-win, that is unless you really don't want a trip to Bavaria, can't imagine why not.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I would go enjoy the first one in September,order another one for March pickup at a better price,and sell the first one, over US MSRP........
Irv: I thought it was one ED a year. How would someone pull this off? :dunno:

·
Road Goober
465 Posts
I've had this idea as well. Why not BUY an E9x over seas. Own it for 2 years until the depreciation catches back up with the price at least. In the interim, you have full warranty, basically drove the car for free (the person who buys it thinks its a decent deal as well), and all you did was pay "rent" on the car instead of depreciation. Rent ends up being like 150-200 a month or less than the amount of money spent on a clonker for repairs over the same time period. Does it not make sense????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts