Bimmerfest BMW banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I do. Well sometimes. Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it does just as you said. The genius at my dealer said it was something with newer iPhones and Samsung galaxy's and bmw was working on fixing it

Thanks for the reply. It makes me feel better. I thought I might be doing something wrong. Did the genius say when they were expecting an update?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for the reply. It makes me feel better. I thought I might be doing something wrong. Did the genius say when they were expecting an update?

No, apparently they've been working on it since the iOS 8 came out. And they wouldn't give me an updated Nav either unless I forked over money. Which I didn't like since I've only had the car for a month and a half

·
Registered
179 Posts
I called about the Nav update for my version 14-2
But, an update is unavailable for a 2015 car; I should have told them I have a 2014 and seen what they say.

Update: 866-543-6848

·
Registered
5 Posts
Help

A little reviving... I just got the little Y cable because I want to see my songs on the radio screen and am tired of not being able to control playback from the steering wheel. Anyway, it doesn't work. The phone charges, but I get no sound. Going to USB just gives me the "insert USB" business. If I try and play a song from my phone, it only plays through the phone speaker. What is going on?! I'm getting annoyed. FWIW, I have an iPhone 5 and am using the 30 pin to lightning adaptor (which is pictured as an option on the card included with the cable).
hi how did you get on with this? Im still having this issue :-(

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bought my 2015 X1 1 week ago, dealer said it had BT audio, USB audio and 20gb in dash hard drive to upload music. Take car home. Find out it doesn't have Hard drive, no BT audio and USB not recognizing my iPhone 5s cable to play audio. So they give me BMW y- cable and still doesn't work. I feel like bringing my car back. My 2013 Odyssey has all this tech on a base model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
394 Posts
Bought my 2015 X1 1 week ago, dealer said it had BT audio, USB audio and 20gb in dash hard drive to upload music. Take car home. Find out it doesn't have Hard drive, no BT audio and USB not recognizing my iPhone 5s cable to play audio. So they give me BMW y- cable and still doesn't work. I feel like bringing my car back. My 2013 Odyssey has all this tech on a base model

You only have those features if you have iDrive (Screen in top of dash and command knob in center console.) First, I'm surprised they would lie to you about all of that, but Second, I'm surprised you could be fooled like that. Had you done any research on the car before you bought it? Without iDrive and the tech package, these cars are woefully behind the times. They are still great drivers cars, but if you are looking for great cupholders and easy access to your tunes you should look elsewhere.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Issue solved. Faulty Module on stereo and faulty BMW y-cable. Bought the BMW programming cable. Next to to code and unleash all the turned off features

41 - 47 of 47 Posts