Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with using Snap-in adapter with CIC with iPhone? After hooking up I can control my iPhone from head unit but no sound transmitting thru car speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
Anyone have experience with using Snap-in adapter with CIC with iPhone? After hooking up I can control my iPhone from head unit but no sound transmitting thru car speakers.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Are you selecting external devices in your iDrive settings? And is your phone's name highlighted when you check what's available in iDrive?

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes my phone is shown same as yours and I can control my phone and select songs, but the music plays through my phone. What is odd as I also have as adapter icon at the bottom of the list but it is empty. Odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
Not being able to see exactly how you have everything set-up...just make sure that all icons are highlighted that are supposed to be...as well as the multiple identifiers being illluminated. For instance, you can have telephony initiated but not have bluetooth connections connected. When you pull up your cell phone...there should be a phone & BT icon illuminated...which means both telephony and music streaming is initiated.

If this is confusing...there are lots of youtube videos on how to set-up your phone and BMW using BT streaming and adapters. It could be something as simple as the VOL knob on your car needs to be turned up (this was one of my personal mishaps with streaming BT from my phone to the car). Initiating my phone calls to go through the system was the easiest set-up...getting music to stream from my phone was another step I had to do. I got everything set-up...the BT music streaming icon was illuminated...and when I would select Pandora or Slacker on my phone...I could see on the phone and the iDrive that the track was playing but there was no sound. I checked the volume on the phone and turned it up and still nothing (couldn't hear anything from the phone or the car). Then I pressed the car's VOL knob to see if it was off (it wasn't), then turned it back on...and again I could see that the track was progressing...I then turned up the VOL knob (on the car) and BOOM...I could hear the music.

You may just need to check by watching videos or selecting the iDrive option button to check if everything is set-up correctly.

Good luck. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts