BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2007 328 cabrio. 2018 X3 M40i
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had an issue keeping an IPhone paired to the E93? Over the past few days since I got my phone the car has not recognized it several times and I have had to re-pair it. It works great when it works but the dealers have said it should only have to be done once. Any thoughts or suggestions?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
What kind of phone are you using?
Looks like Apple iPhone... Should be fully supported. I wonder if car's BT software needs to be upgraded to the latest and greatest since support for iPhone is fairly recent...

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like Apple iPhone... Should be fully supported. I wonder if car's BT software needs to be upgraded to the latest and greatest since support for iPhone is fairly recent...
I don't know I did ED in May and just got the IPhone on Saturday after taking redelivery on Friday. The car arrived home yesterday So if it were built in early May do you think it needs a software update?

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I don't know I did ED in May and just got the IPhone on Saturday after taking redelivery on Friday. The car arrived home yesterday So if it were built in early May do you think it needs a software update?
They may do an update before redelivery... Honestly, don't know, sorry.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
My iPhone paired fine w/ my E93 BUT there are times when iDrive BT won't recognize the iPhone. If turn off the iPhones BT and then turn it back on again all is well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Turn off your Wifi and the problem will go away.

There is apparently some interference generated by the two wireless communications being active at the same time. The Wifi will wake up regularly and search for "hotspots", and this is when I believe the bluetooth link drops.

It's a pain to turn off the Wifi, but this has worked 100% for me.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Turn off your Wifi and the problem will go away.

There is apparently some interference generated by the two wireless communications being active at the same time. The Wifi will wake up regularly and search for "hotspots", and this is when I believe the bluetooth link drops.

It's a pain to turn off the Wifi, but this has worked 100% for me.
Thanks, that sounds worth trying. my problem getting it to re-pair is the car's bluetooth seems very slow setting up. Sometimes it seems to work in the set up and other times it doesn't. If all it takes is shutting off WIFI then that's simple.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was having a similar problem with my iPhone pairing with my E90. The first few days I paired it no problems - I could leave my bluetooth "on" on my phone and it would automatically connect to my car whenever I got in. Then it got to be a little finicky and would only connect every few times. I reloaded my iPhone's software and firmware (essentially did a restore on it - due to other problems) but since repairing my phone to my car I have had no problems whatsoever. I don't think my problem had anything to do with my wifi being on as I rarely leave it on to convserve the battery.

My advice before doing a restore on your iPhone would be to simply delete the pairing between the phone and the car and re-pair them. If that doesn't work, even though it's a bit of a pain, restore the phone (just make sure to back it up before you do).

·
Registered
16 Posts
My iPhone paired nicely when I picked up the car at the dealership. Then for the next few days it seemed to keep needing to be paired each time I tried to connect. But lately the problem has gone away. I did the iPhone update to 1.01 last weekend and that might be what rectified the problem. I don't know, but things seem to be working well now.

·
Registered
60 Posts
i have a E92 that i picked up in May. I do not see a problem with the connection to my iphone. However, i noticed that the 6FL adapter does not charge my iphone, has anyone else seen this problem?

·
meroglot
12,906 Posts
Did you do the iPhone update, 1.01? If you have it, try deleting the bluetooth profilei in the car and start over.

·
Registered
4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
As others have mentioned, keep the WiFi off when in the car to avoid in-call interference.

Mine pairs quickly and without fail provided I remember to take the phone out of Unlock mode. If I don't wake up the phone before starting the car it takes a long time before the BT finally pairs (like 10 minutes).

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I do not turn off the wifi and do not need to wake up the phone for it to pair. I have May 2007 production E92. I beleive the wifi issue is with pre-March 2007 production cars. Had not heard of anybody needing to wake up the phone for it to pair.

·
Registered
43 Posts
iphone and ipod/6FL

Just got the car yesterday. Iphone (phone part) pairs great with BT.
But for music (with 6FL upgraded cable) the iphone says that it is not a recognized accessory or something to that effect. I cannot pull up any songs on the aux-in setting, and the USB option is grayed out so I cannot select it. Regular ipod works perfectly. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Just got the car yesterday. Iphone (phone part) pairs great with BT.
But for music (with 6FL upgraded cable) the iphone says that it is not a recognized accessory or something to that effect. I cannot pull up any songs on the aux-in setting, and the USB option is grayed out so I cannot select it. Regular ipod works perfectly. Any ideas?
Just ignore that warning on the iPhone and select "AUX" as your audio input and it should work.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts