BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new poster here. I tried the search option in this forum and didnt find the exact issue from other posters so I thought I would make a new thread. Anyways, I recently got a 2016 328i (first bmw) and when I get in the car and try to listen to my itunes music it doesnt automatically start and have to press play from my phone. Also, when I scroll and press on a song from my steering wheel, nothing happens. Bluetooth works fine it just really annoying everytime I get out of the car or even mute my music I have to press play from my phone. If anyone has the same issue and have a resolution, please let me know. I have iphone 6 with iOS 10.0.2

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Hello everyone, new poster here. I tried the search option in this forum and didnt find the exact issue from other posters so I thought I would make a new thread. Anyways, I recently got a 2016 328i (first bmw) and when I get in the car and try to listen to my itunes music it doesnt automatically start and have to press play from my phone. Also, when I scroll and press on a song from my steering wheel, nothing happens. Bluetooth works fine it just really annoying everytime I get out of the car or even mute my music I have to press play from my phone. If anyone has the same issue and have a resolution, please let me know. I have iphone 6 with iOS 10.0.2

Thanks in advance!
Try going to multimedia in the idrive and selecing your phone after you select external devices. Sometimes it does not handshake quite properly.

Also, try updating to iOS 10.1 which is out of beta now, and available.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try going to multimedia in the idrive and selecing your phone after you select external devices. Sometimes it does not handshake quite properly.

Also, try updating to iOS 10.1 which is out of beta now, and available.
I tried selecting my phone on idrive but it just shows the song/artist/etc but its paused and doesnt continue playing. Ill try switching to 10.1.

Thanks

·
Le fabuleux destin
568 Posts
Do you happen to have an iPhone 7? The new models have particular BT issues that are yet to be resolved.

Edit. sorry I now see you mentioned you have a 6. Nevermind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts