BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am facing a challenge of getting the correct part number for the snap in adapter which:

1. Fits the 3GS iphone
2. Charges the phone and routes the cell signal through the fin
3. Allows access to the music and media without using the IPOD cable

The car has smartphone integration (6NF)

I have tried the part no. ending in 683 and got no charge indicator and no music
I now have part no. ending in 682 which provides charge but no music

The following have been recommended (last 3 numbers):

048 - online forum
683 - bmwusa online

Does anyone have experience with an snap in adapter which does access the music? Thanks.
Car: 2011 335i

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I am facing a challenge of getting the correct part number for the snap in adapter which:

1. Fits the 3GS iphone
2. Charges the phone and routes the cell signal through the fin
3. Allows access to the music and media without using the IPOD cable

The car has smartphone integration (6NF)

I have tried the part no. ending in 683 and got no charge indicator and no music
I now have part no. ending in 682 which provides charge but no music

The following have been recommended (last 3 numbers):

048 - online forum
683 - bmwusa online

Does anyone have experience with an snap in adapter which does access the music? Thanks.
Car: 2011 335i
Snap in adapter for non existing car? F30 is the future 3er, try other forums.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Snap in cradle for 2011 335i solved!

Turns out bmwusa.com is accurate and correct. The part ending in 683 when fitted into a 2011 335i (delivered last week) equipped with smartphone integration accesses the content of the iphone 3GS and allows for music, other recorded programs, phone charging and access to the shark fin antenna. The first "683" which I tried turned out to be defective. Model ending in "682" is simply a charger and connector to antenna but does not access the music, etc.

Requirements and list price are below:

Apple iPhone USB Snap In Adapter $204

This adapter is for vehicles equipped with the BMW Assist system with Bluetooth wireless technology and Smart Phone Integration. The smart phone option not only charges the phone, but allows access to any music or MP3 files stored ont the phone. Also provides a connection to the roof mounted telephone antenna on your car for improved cellular reception. The adapter also provides a safe and secure place to dock your Smart Phone while driving and will charge your phone battery when the vehicle is running. Vehicle must be equipped with BMW Assist System (SA 639) iPod/USB iPod interface (SA 6FL) and BMW Smart Phone Integration (SA 6NF)technology and Smart Phone Integration SA 6NF. Note the Apple iPhone Touch does not support the Bluetooth hands free calling functionality.
Each price is the suggested retail price and is subject to change. Price excludes installation and taxes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exact Part Number

84 21 2 158 683 "Apple iPhone 3G USB Snap in Adapter for BMW Smart Phone"

Note it will only work if the IPOD cable is NOT plugged in simultaneously.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts