BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I just bought a 2004 325ci and i wanted to connect my iphone so that i can use it handsfree and listen to my music. I have searched for a product that can combine the two functions but came up with not thing. Can anyone suggest any product(s)/setup, what would be the best way for me to be able to use my phone and music functions of my iphone through the car. Unfortunatley this is a earlier 04 so it doesn't have BMW-assist, just the pre-wire for hands-free. Does pre-wire mean that the mic is already installed?, i have the hands-free buttons on the steering wheel(i don't know if these buttons are standard ). Any suggestions would be greatly apprecaited, thanks.

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
I don't believe that the bluetooth interconnects with the stereo. You're probably best off with the aux-in adapter and a line cord from the headphone jack.

·
Ubergeek
15,646 Posts
buttons are standard. You need the DICE iPod adapter + OEM Bluetooth kit. You will have to plug in to the iPod dock connector for music (the iPhone doesn't even support stereo over bluetooth).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same situation. I have the DICE adaptor, seems like one of the cables is wrong and I'm waiting for a replacement. As for using the steering controls, I would need the OE bluetooth kit. Does anyone know what is involved in fitting this?
Also, I have noticed that no-one does a holder that fits into the centre console that takes the 3g iPhone. (something to do with a button out of place)
I'm a designer and I'm planning to design my own that fits and get it rapid prototyped. but i'm still stuck on the bluetooth kit.

Si

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
I have the same situation. I have the DICE adaptor, seems like one of the cables is wrong and I'm waiting for a replacement. As for using the steering controls, I would need the OE bluetooth kit. Does anyone know what is involved in fitting this?
Also, I have noticed that no-one does a holder that fits into the centre console that takes the 3g iPhone. (something to do with a button out of place)
I'm a designer and I'm planning to design my own that fits and get it rapid prototyped. but i'm still stuck on the bluetooth kit.

Si
This is a good installation overview: http://www.bimmernav.com/BMW_E46_Bluetooth_Installation_Instructions.html

There is no snap-in available for an iPhone. You could probably craft something using a DICE or Intravee unit and its dock connector.

·
Registered
6 Posts
iphone 4

I have a 2003 330i with the dice (i dont know the model number) it has replaced the ash tray with docking station and u ipod classic is wonderful in this system. I can operate it through the steering wheel too, however, I am buying an iphone 4 and cant figure out if it will also work through hands free? Will it work and how do I operate it?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I don't believe that the bluetooth interconnects with the stereo. You're probably best off with the aux-in adapter and a line cord from the headphone jack.
Tanning: is that the ipod connection that the dealership installed aftermarket? Or some other one?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.