BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will BMW get on this??? ? Would you buy this??

Apple Computer Inc. (AAPL) on Thursday said it has teamed up with three major automakers to link its popular iPod music player with car stereos, laying down a new challenge to a fragmented radio industry.

Ford Motor Co. (F), General Motors Corp. (GM) and Japan's Mazda Motor Corp. will offer an easy iPod connection in the majority of their brands, allowing drivers to charge the digital music player and store it in a glove compartment as they listen to its songs.

Users will also be able to use car stereo controls to select music on the iPod device.

"More than 70 percent of 2007-model U.S. automobiles will offer iPod integration," said Greg Joswiak, vice president of iPod product marketing.

GM will offer iPod connections on all 56 of its models, representing millions of cars and trucks, Apple said.

Mazda's global 2007 line-up of cars and sports utility vehicles will offer an iPod feature as well.

GM said it would offer the "personal audio link" at dealerships for less than $160 plus installation as early as October for some car models.

·
Retired Official Welcomer
2018 M4 Competition Package•2019 540i MSport
8,360 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I couldn't get that link to function once the page loaded, but in any case, I just bought a 2006 X5 4.8is. I was told by the dealer that because it is the "premium" stereo system the iPod connection cannot be done by BMW.

Does anyone have any experience with this and can help me? I am currently still loading the iPod through the cassette behind the nav screen, and would like a better quality connection.

John

·
Registered
8 Posts
Z4luvr:

Thanks for sending me to that thread. I will follow it for a while, the results seem "mixed" It is always a problem that you only really get to find out about the issues people have, because they don't posted "worked great - no problems".

thanks,

John

·
Registered
712 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about issues with DICE. From what I have seen of the EAS people, they are very good at solving problems..:thumbup:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Both my sister and I have a DICE player and we both love them. No problems so far and we've had them about 3 or 4 weeks.

If you do end up buying one, I would suggest that you buy through European Auto Source because of their superb customer service. I've heard complaints about the customer service at Dension.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
If you do end up buying one, I would suggest that you buy through European Auto Source because of their superb customer service. I've heard complaints about the customer service at Dension.
X1 Tom is very helpful!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.