BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone connected their iPod to the interface in the X5? I have two input sockets in my console one for USB another about the size the iPod earphone bud jack. How do I connect the iPod? Do I use the cable that is used to synch the iPod to my laptop? Or, is there a cable with two jacks similar to the earbud jack? Should have bought it from a BMW Dealer! Th

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Depends when your car was built If your X is a 2007-2011 pre-October built car, you will need the BMW Y-cable which is plugs into the USB port and also into the AUX input in the armrest. If your X was built Oct 2011 or later, you will use the white USB cable supples by apple and plug it into the USB port in your arm rest OR you can stream music via bluetooth connection

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thank you MRV99- Is the Y-cable an item I purchase from BMW? My car was built in July of 2007, with the Technology and Premium Sound Package. When I connect the sync and charging cable from the iPod into the USB port in the console box, it charges, but does not display on the entertainment screen or project the audio through the car speakers.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yea you will need to get the y-cable from a dealer. If you just bought the car then I would ask the dealer if they can give you one. If not they are cheap

1 - 4 of 4 Posts