BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has heard when the new interface will be available. I thought originally it was slated for early July. My dealer here in the Chicago area laughed at that! Has anyone else heard anything?

Thanks in advance!

·
Freude am Fahren
19,698 Posts
It was supposed to hit distribution at the end of July.

I would think early August is more realistic.

It's worth waiting for - I would not give mine up.:thumbup:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I told my dealer I had heard end of July. He rolled his eyes and tild me not to hold my breath. We should start a pool.

·
Registered
156 Posts
anyone heard of a price? w/ and w/o labor? :tsk:

hopefully it wont cost too much, hopefully it just wont cost as much as the darn ipod. :eeps:

·
Registered Abuser
547 Posts
We're guessing $300-350 range and availability in September. But crossing your fingers wouldn't hurt! ;-)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Will this become a factory option when ordering a new car or one that will have to be ordered and installed through your dealer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Dealer installed

·
Registered
324 Posts
my dealership still has NO clue what I'm talking about when I ask them for an update, even though I forwarded BMW NA's press release on it.

I would love to have this function as soon as it becomes available!

·
Registered
419 Posts
smytheee said:
my dealership still has NO clue what I'm talking about when I ask them for an update, even though I forwarded BMW NA's press release on it.

I would love to have this function as soon as it becomes available!
So you're gonna be the guinea pig at a dealership that has done nothing to learn about this new product...?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I guess. either that, or convince them to allow me to install it (unlikely on their part methinks)

·
Registered
419 Posts
This has been asked before and the answer is no because the system needs to be encoded to accept the new device.

Oh, and don't forget that unless your car has recently gotten a software update within the past few months, your car will need that also, which is an all day affair.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Spoke to my dealer

They said they think it will be available in September.
In my experience with vendors in general (I work for one), I've found that if someone gives a month for availability, they mean the last possbile moment of that month. So, I think we'll be lucky if we see it in October.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Spira says early august, ill stick by what he says for now!

·
Registered
82 Posts
How does it work if your car is leased? Do they give a fraction of the cost back at lease end?

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
OBT said:
How does it work if your car is leased? Do they give a fraction of the cost back at lease end?
That's why I'll wait for the dension solution. theirs is usually something you can remove and if the last BMW backed ipod solution is any indication, dension makes a better interface product.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm not sure if anyone has seen this, but there's a video on http://ipodyourbmw.com/ demonstrating the interface of the upcoming iPod iDrive interface.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts