BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I struggled to find a place for ipod, so that it doesnt't occupy any storage areas, but easy and safe to operate. So, I ended up bying double sided adhesive tape (3m), also used to hang pictures on walls to mount ipod.
After a couple of tries I've found the right spot for the ipod clip (out of the box) which I never used anyway. Everything else can be seein from pictures :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
If you used the Belkin Auto Kit for iPod w/ Dock Connector (see here), you would just need one visible cable, as the audio cable with 3.5mm plugs would be completely inside the armrest compartment. It would look better as would connect to the bottom of your iPod. Comes in black or white.

No, I am not a Belkin salesperson.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Belkin and the Monster adapter give you the advantage of line level output, which improves sound quality.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the belkin adapter hint, just didn't see one when it was needed.
Anyway, I wanted to place the ipod comfortable without taking any of limited storage location and that's something I come up with.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Consider the new BMW iPod integration

san40 said:
Thanks for the belkin adapter hint, just didn't see one when it was needed.
Anyway, I wanted to place the ipod comfortable without taking any of limited storage location and that's something I come up with.
The Belkin is really the best tactical solution. It would really clean up your install and you can route the single wire straight into the center console.

However and presumably, within the next month you will be able to purchase a dealer installed proper integration setup to allow the iPod to be stored safely in the glovebox and use the stereo controls of the car to operate the iPod directly as well as display and navigate the iPod UI directly, and finally to supply power directly to the iPod itself without the need for a cigarette lighter adapter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts