BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

ipod not seen by radio

1337 6
I have the BMW dealer installed ipod accessory in my 2004 330ci. As others have described, occasionally, the radio does not "see" the ipod. Rebooting the ipod always fixed this condition. The last time this happened, an ipod reboot did not help. It occurred to me to try to "reboot" the radio, which I was able to do by pulling and reinserting the appropriate fuses. Upon replacing the fuses, the radio recognized the ipod perfectly.

I would be interested in hearing of anyone elses experience with the ipod adapter in this regard.

Neil
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Happened to me too. I disconnect the IPOD connector and connect it back. THis has worked for me.
worked for me

I've had my OEM connector in my 330i for 18 months now. Never had a problem ( other than the occasional *hiccup* where the ipod just stops), until recently. Repeatedly connecting/disconnecting did nothing. Found this thread and pulled the fuse now its working perfectly. I know this is an old thread but figured it would be helpful for others to know it worked for more than just one. Now if I could just solve the hiccup problem...
Thanks!
Make sure your radio is on when you hook the iPod up.
Teleman58 said:
I have the BMW dealer installed ipod accessory in my 2004 330ci. As others have described, occasionally, the radio does not "see" the ipod. Rebooting the ipod always fixed this condition. The last time this happened, an ipod reboot did not help. It occurred to me to try to "reboot" the radio, which I was able to do by pulling and reinserting the appropriate fuses. Upon replacing the fuses, the radio recognized the ipod perfectly.

I would be interested in hearing of anyone elses experience with the ipod adapter in this regard.

Neil
Neil,

What generation iPod are you using? Also, is the iPod's firmware up to date?
Teleman58 said:

Neil
Where do I find out which fuse to pull on a 2003 325i? My ipod is now running into this issue as well.
Fuses #7 & #41 in your glovebox are the correct ones.
Where do I find out which fuse to pull on a 2003 325i? My ipod is now running into this issue as well.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.