BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· BMWs since '87
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tried the iPod integration on my '08 535xi and was able to connect through USB port and audio jack. When I tried to find the track listing, all I could get was a bunch of four letter acronyms in place of song titles - this after searching through a few folders and sub folders. I was able to play tracks but with the cryptic descriptions I can't find what I'm playing. My iPod has about 6000 tracks all ripped from CD and the iPod screen shows full title/artist information. What am I missing?

· Registered
37 Posts
It worked for me. my car is a used CPO. brought it in for that reason and the minute they plugged in a BMW USB the car read all my music and playlist. They knew exactly what was wrong.
Same with me. My SA grabbed the cable out of his car and it worked as it should. I'm real curious about those"Ebay cables" real cheap prices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Bimmer App

· BMWs since '87
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, but which is the correct one? Com box or com box = no?

I'll say it again. USB should be USB. And yes, I can see it takes the audio output from the dock connector rather than the headphone jack on the iPod, but I don't see why that would make any difference.

· Registered
20 Posts
There are other options available from Amazon as well. Here's one for example...

http://www.amazon.com/neXplug-Adapt...qid=1346724157&sr=8-1&keywords=bmw+ipod+cable
The neXplug is the way to go, i have that in my car and it works like the $75 bmw cable. You get all you songs, artists and playlists displayed on your idrive and it also works with Pandora as well, you can skip songs with the steering wheel controls and see what is playing through your idrive.

· Registered
432 Posts
Bought the BWM cable for $70 at the dealership, it shows the playlist. Came home and ordered this from Amazon website's 3rd party seller for $15.60, including shipping. The cable arrived 5 minutes ago and it works jsut like the BMW cable. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003P6DGMK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Heading to dealership to return the $70 cable!!
Some updates. While the cheap cable shows the playlist and lets me choose from the list, every time I restart the car, it would not pick up from what was played in a list that was playing before I turned of the engine. I think it just starts to play songs in the alphabetical order of the artists names, e.g., Al Martino, Bee Gee, Connie Francis.

I am not sure if the OEM cable I returned acted the same or not, I had it for a very short time and didn't pay attention to that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.