BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can now have the BMW Ipod interface along with XM Direct. I am also working on a solution to allow for the factory Sirius tuner and the BMW ipod interface. For right now the only kit available works with XM Direct and the BMW Ipod kit. For anyone interested, let me know. You can post here, email me, or private message me.

·
Stuck in Monday
2,766 Posts
Can you give a quick summary of how this works? I suppose you either have to have your IPod in the trunk (not necessarily an attractive option) or run a cable through to the front? For this latter option, where would you recommend actually putting/keeping the IPod?

I currently have XM Direct and an mp3 player connected through my aux. input in the glove box. This isn't an optimal solution for me because of the lack of steering controls and I'm not a big fan of the cable from the glove box out to my mp3 player which usually sits on my passenger seat or in one of my cupholders. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, with this kit, you would have to relocate the Ipod to the trunk/cargo area. I know it seems like a poorly thought out plan, but the Ipod serves no purpose up front. The display shows nothing relating to what you are listening to. Of everyone of these I installed, nobody seemed to mind relocating the Ipod to the trunk. I found that if you have the carrying case for the Ipod, with the belt clip and you make a small incision in the trunk liner, when you clip it in, the Ipod does not move at all. I could make a cable so you can leave the Ipod in the glovebox, but it would serve no purpose. As far as the aux. option you have, you could run the cable to a better location and just keep it there. I take it that you don't have an Ipod, so to venture into buying an Ipod, the BMW Ipod interface and upgrading your XM Direct cable will run you at least $450.00. Stick with what you have. Save your money and go on vacation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts