Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Jayhawk
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is so much change going on with promise/threats of even more radical rule changes for 2007. Add to the motor and rule changes Alonzo signing with McLaren, news that Ferrari and Toyota are courting Kimi and that Trulli wants to sign with Toyota or another team for 2007 now, I wonder if the 2006 F1 season is being viewed by the teams as a throw away season?

·
Do the interns get Glocks
9,324 Posts
With the level of dollars involved it is always worthwhile for teams to win a championship.
I dont think any tean can afford to have a throw away season.

·
Banned
20,151 Posts
Not at all (a throw away season).

It is going to wild and impossible to predict. Silly new engine formula, non-cost saving tire changes back in, strange qualifying sessions, new teams, Takuma Sato will still be crashing into everyone, teams with new engine suppliers, and so on.

And thankfully, we should have some continuity (2006 and 2007) until Max screws up everything in 2008. I mean that what happens in 2006, will tell us a lot about what happens in 2007.

Or then we will get the GPWC in 2008, and that will alter where certain drivers go in 2007, or if they only sign one-year deals for the 2007 season.

IMHO, interesting times ahead!

·
Jayhawk
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I understand the dollars involved. My thought is that they may use 2006 as prep season for 2007 and 2008. With BMW on its own with Sauber, drivers driving for teams that they know they are leaving, entirely new motors and the shadow of the entirely new aero packages I wonder if teams are going get through the year being as competitive as they can but look toward '07 and '08.

·
Awesome power!
4,851 Posts
KU Ned said:
I understand the dollars involved. My thought is that they may use 2006 as prep season for 2007 and 2008. With BMW on its own with Sauber, drivers driving for teams that they know they are leaving, entirely new motors and the shadow of the entirely new aero packages I wonder if teams are going get through the year being as competitive as they can but look toward '07 and '08.
"If you build it, they will come." F1 Translation: As long as there is a race to be run, the teams will be trying to win it. (Which is not to say that all the drivers will care as much as they should.)

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Patrick said:
It is going to wild and impossible to predict. Silly new engine formula, non-cost saving tire changes back in, strange qualifying sessions, new teams, Takuma Sato will still be crashing into everyone, teams with new engine suppliers, and so on.

I thought you said "impossible to predict"?

:p :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts