BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 535i - 2008. I have really enjoyed this car except I must admit this was a bad year or a bad car for me: 2 fuel pump replacement, replaced turbo chargers, battery cable recall, etc.

I am ready to get another car. To be fair I am looking into Audi, Jaguar etc. Some of the models in these cars have a massaging option ( not just an inflatable pillow ). Can I order this option in a new 2013? I can't find this on the website or in their catalog.

I know this seems like a frivolous option, but I really would like this.

Any thoughts??

Thnaks

Peter

· Tar Heel Faithful
14,264 Posts
It is available but in the US you have to buy the entire Luxury Seating package to get it.

· Everything's Bigger in TX
7,193 Posts
Need active vented seat option. NOt sure where it's available these days.

Not a full massage like MB, though. Just a pillow on the bottom that inflates and deflates.

· Registered
1,241 Posts
Not a frivolous option at all. You need to order the Luxury Seating Package. I wasn't expecting much from the active front seats but it is amazing. I have driven the car on two 11 hour trips and this option saved my back.

· Registered
1,584 Posts
The active seat option is excellent, but it is not a massager like on some other cars. There is no back portion and the bottom is meant to keep your legs and back from getting tired (and it works great at that!).

· Registered
347 Posts
I actually had a chance to try mine out, once you get past the homophobic attack, its actually quite effective at relieving lower back and butt aches or numb-butt during a long drive. If you get comfort seats and adjust it to conform to your back and head, you will not need a message because you will be in comfort ecstasy for the duration of the ride.
I would order the Luxury seating again and the perforated seats look much better then the solid seats in my opinoin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.