BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a Nikon 6006 with 35-70 and 70-210 AF NIKKOR lenses that hasn't been used in something like 10 years. Its in absolutely brand new condition, and it was stored without batteries, so there shouldn't be any contamination or anything.

Is this camera worth having in the age of digital? My wife wants to keep it but I say eBay - who uses 35mm film anymore? I'd rather sell it and put the money towards a Nikon D200.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I would say around $100 maybe $150 with the extra lense, but there are lots of people emptying their closet of these and other really well built film cameras. The 6006 is a great camera. I still use film cameras for black and white images, I use a compact digital for snapshots and vacation photos. I use film cameras for black and white, because the results in my opinion are superior and my photo training was always in manual cameras. I like using the darkroom which is another reason. I shoot black and white with a contax G2, fuij 645, and a hasselblad 500cm. I no longer have my own darkroom, so I find myself shooting less black and white and see myself finally getting a digital slr within a year.

·
Astigmatic Visionary
2,802 Posts
chicagolab said:
I would say around $100 maybe $150 with the extra lense, but there are lots of people emptying their closet of these and other really well built film cameras. The 6006 is a great camera. I still use film cameras for black and white images, I use a compact digital for snapshots and vacation photos. I use film cameras for black and white, because the results in my opinion are superior and my photo training was always in manual cameras. I like using the darkroom which is another reason. I shoot black and white with a contax G2, fuij 645, and a hasselblad 500cm. I no longer have my own darkroom, so I find myself shooting less black and white and see myself finally getting a digital slr within a year.
Very much the same for me.I still rue the day my trusty Nikkormat died my 4004 was no substitute Full manual is the way.I'm trying to hold out for the next generation of Nikon DSLRs(sorry Patrick;) ).Hockeynut ,When you get the film processed they will digitize them for cheap.I'd keep it as backup for the DSLR.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I still have a 6006 but I doubt they are worth much these days. Search for completed auction prices at ebay. The 6006's claim-to-fame, IMO, is the advanced flash controls built into the body (and a nifty-for-its-day spot metering mode). It was also one of the first generation of Nikon bodies with its style of electronic buttons (which tend to fail at a higher rate than normal).

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
hockeynut said:
We have a Nikon 6006 with 35-70 and 70-210 AF NIKKOR lenses that hasn't been used in something like 10 years. Its in absolutely brand new condition, and it was stored without batteries, so there shouldn't be any contamination or anything.

Is this camera worth having in the age of digital? My wife wants to keep it but I say eBay - who uses 35mm film anymore? I'd rather sell it and put the money towards a Nikon D200.
Reply to: [email protected]
Date: 2006-07-28, 6:56PM PDT

WELL USED NIKON F4 HP FOR SALE. THIS CAMERA HAS JUST BEEN ENTIRELY GONE OVER BY THE NIKON TECHS IN TORRANCE AND IS IN EXCELLENT WORKING CONDITION. IT HAS SEEN ME THROUGH TRIPS TO MANY PLACES, INCLUDING KENYA, AND IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN RELIABLE. CALL ME AT: 562-989-2981

OTHER EQUIPMENT AVAILABLE:

NIKON 500MM, MIRRORED, F8 LENS - $250
NIKON 6006 CAMERA W BUILT-IN FLASH - $150
NIKKOR AF 75-300MM LENS 1:4.5-5.6 - $225
LARGE TAMRAC BAG - $25.00

MAKE AN OFFER ON ONE OR ALL.

·
Casey!
17,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the camera and 2 lenses on eBay and they "sold" for $127.50. The guy who won them sent me an email basically saying that the price was way too low, and if I wanted to back out of the sale he was fine with that! I took him up on his offer and I also sent him a small gift cert to Amazon.com to thank him for his honesty.

Turns out the guy lives about a mile from me! He has a 6006 and was thinking about this one as a backup. He is still interested in the zoom lens, so he's gonna check that out tonight.

·
The King of Common Sense
2,142 Posts
hockeynut said:
I had the camera and 2 lenses on eBay and they "sold" for $127.50. The guy who won them sent me an email basically saying that the price was way too low, and if I wanted to back out of the sale he was fine with that! I took him up on his offer and I also sent him a small gift cert to Amazon.com to thank him for his honesty.

Turns out the guy lives about a mile from me! He has a 6006 and was thinking about this one as a backup. He is still interested in the zoom lens, so he's gonna check that out tonight.
Very unusual, since he didn't try to cheat you. But the price does seem low with 2 lens.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts