BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Happy as a snapping clam
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Active Roll Stabilization IS standard in the '06 750Li

I am skittish about whether the US version of the 750Li will continue to include Active Roll Stabilization (ARS) as standard equipment. Here's why:

1. The ZAR Adaptive Ride package for '06 substitutes a new sub-option, 2VA Adaptive Drive, for the '05 sub-option of 223 (EDC) Electronic Damping Control.

2. "Adaptive Drive" is a term that I have not seen defined anywhere in US literature, but page 3 of the '06 750 Great Britain electronic brochure seems to define an Adaptive Drive Package as a combination of EDC and ARS (which they seem to call "Dynamic Drive":

"The Adaptive Drive Package is a combination of Dynamic Drive and EDC (Electronic Damper Control). EDC allows the driver to adjust the damper settings from more relaxed to stiffer depending on the car's load, the road and driving style, and then electronically and continuously adapts the damping to suit the conditions. In this way, the Adaptive Drive Package makes for a unique combination of dynamism and comfort.
"Dynamic Drive is an active stability control system that eliminates the car's body roll ...."

Please HELP. Thanks.

· Happy as a snapping clam
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ARS is standard for '06 in 7er

If I could remember everything that I read, I would be dangerous. :eeps: Thanks to BMWNA :thumbup: for reminding me of the press release announcing the new 7er:

Chassis and suspension:
• Revised and updated.
• Three suspension variants available straight from the factory:
o Standard suspension with Active Roll Stabilization
o Adaptive Ride Package (standard on 760i/Li; optional on 750i/Li)
o Sports suspension (included in optional Sport Package on 750i/Li)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.