BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just looking for a little information if anybody has used INPA or tool 32 to register and code their battery I have an 08X5 And I cannot find battery registration on INPA and there is no power file for the E70 on tool 32 I tried to look through the E70PRG file but could not find the registration job

·
Registered
876 Posts
I'm curious myself I bought a foxwell to make these tasks simple.

I'm quite certain the BMW suite of software will do the trick but I'm curious how well it's hidden.

To be fair plenty of times the function is well hidden in the foxwell but it's always had what I needed.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm curious myself I bought a foxwell to make these tasks simple.

I'm quite certain the BMW suite of software will do the trick but I'm curious how well it's hidden.

To be fair plenty of times the function is well hidden in the foxwell but it's always had what I needed.
I agree the Foxwell NT530 has been a lifesaver... But you can also use BIMMERLINK to register a new battery if needed.

·
Registered
2015 X5 xDrive35i MSport 2013 X5 xDrive35i
1,246 Posts
Bimmergeeks Protool will cover changing battery size/type and registration.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
25,318 Posts
sorry, have a nt520pro. have not used inpa for that.

FWIW. Yes you SHOULD code a battery if you are cangng the size and you SHOULD register when it is new- but neither of these should have a significant impact on the car. Will not create codes or issues if you dont do it for a few weeks after getting a new battery. again, FWIW

·
Registered
876 Posts
You do want to code it within a reasonable amount of time say a month however so the IBS can charge the battery properly and manage the discharge histograms etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts