BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
BMWUSA has picture of F30 on it's Euro Delivery site Prices PDF....
I believe that PDF with the images is just a liiiiittle outdated (from 2016).

The G20 330 will be available, but ED pricing guides aren't expected until the end of the month;;
at which time you can ask your dealer to request a pick-up date. :)

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Yes ED is available for the G20
Sorry, I meant for the 2020 models;; when pricing could change and the M340i will be added.
BMWNA is only building the 2019 models thru July, if I'm not mistaken? :dunno:
So one would have to put in his/her 2019 ED order before that general timeframe.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Aren't all US market cars going to be built in Mexico? Or are you talking about ED for the period of time where US cars still come from Germany?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Aren't all US market cars going to be built in Mexico? Or are you talking about ED for the period of time where US cars still come from Germany?
"Period of time"? :dunno:
What makes you believe the G20 won't be built in Germany? :eek:

·
Lost but making good time
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,622 Posts
The G20 will be built in multiple plants worldwide, like many generations of the 3 Series before it. When a customer places an order for European Delivery, that order goes to a plant in Europe that is able to produce US-spec cars. Non-ED orders are fulfilled from wherever BMW AG sees fit.

Example from the old days: E90s were assembled in Rosslyn, South Africa and Munich (among other locations). Many US E90s, including some Priority 1 ("customer sold") orders for regular or Performance Center delivery, were built in Rosslyn. An E90 ordered for ED (such as mine) never came from Rosslyn--it was built across the street from BMW Welt in Munich.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,766 Posts
The G20 will be built in multiple plants worldwide, like many generations of the 3 Series before it. When a customer places an order for European Delivery, that order goes to a plant in Europe that is able to produce US-spec cars. Non-ED orders are fulfilled from wherever BMW AG sees fit.

Example from the old days: E90s were assembled in Rosslyn, South Africa and Munich (among other locations). Many US E90s, including some Priority 1 ("customer sold") orders for regular or Performance Center delivery, were built in Rosslyn. An E90 ordered for ED (such as mine) never came from Rosslyn--it was built across the street from BMW Welt in Munich.
^ this

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
swapping wheels

If i ED a G20, i'm interested in getting 17 wheels, which are available in europe, not USA. will anyone notice if i swap them out? will the port accept it and it make it to USA? is it against policy or ok?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
If i ED a G20, i'm interested in getting 17 wheels, which are available in europe, not USA. will anyone notice if i swap them out? will the port accept it and it make it to USA? is it against policy or ok?
Its been awhile since I asked them about this type of thing; for sure BMW will NOT swap them out for you unless you're buying the new wheels from them while at the Welt.

They may not sweat it if you do this on your own, but they WILL make note of it when you drop off the car to be sent back to the US and will not cover them under any of their provided insurance. I'd contact the BMWNA 800 number and then check with the Euro-delivery dept. for details. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my thought was while i was touring around europe, to just stop by a dealership in any euro country, not at the welt, and sell them my 18's and buy/install the 17's.

·
Lost but making good time
'11 335xi; '03 330Ci
5,622 Posts
No dealership anywhere is going to buy your take-off wheels. They are not in the business of selling used parts and want nothing to do with the associated liability, even in Europe.

If you want the 17's that badly, just order a set when you get home. Any US dealer can order parts nominally available only on European-market cars, provided they comply with Federal motor vehicle regulations. Wheels should not be a problem.

Finding the part number is the only challenge--not every parts-counter clerk in the US is equally adept at navigating the global parts catalog. Try to locate what you need before you order the car and if all else fails, you can track down the part numbers while in Europe.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
No dealership anywhere is going to buy your take-off wheels. They are not in the business of selling used parts and want nothing to do with the associated liability, even in Europe.
Yeah, going to have to agree with Zeichen here ...:eeps:
..SELLING the ones you're taking off will be quite a challenge. Unless you've made
a prior arrangement with someone on eBay.de or something like that, neither the Welt
nor other BMW dealership is going to do a straight trade.

Sure, they'll sell you wheels and tires and mount them, but they're not gonna take yours as credit. :(

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, you guys are probably right. i was thinking used car dept would be interested, to put on used car to sell.

·
Registered
575 Posts
FWIW, my G20 was built in Munich. My SA said most would come from South Africa.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,766 Posts
FWIW, my G20 was built in Munich. My SA said most would come from South Africa.
hahaha, your SA (CA?) is a little out of touch. 3er production has ended in South Africa. No 3ers will be produced there. The South African plant has been converted to X3 (and probably X4) production. G20 production will soon be ramping up in San Luis Potosí, Mexico.

·
Novice driver
3,898 Posts
hahaha, your SA (CA?) is a little out of touch. 3er production has ended in South Africa. No 3ers will be produced there. The South African plant has been converted to X3 (and probably X4) production. G20 production will soon be ramping up in San Luis Potosí, Mexico.
+1
BMW 3-Series production at Rosslyn ended over a year ago! 22 February 2018 to be precise.

·
///Monkeyazz Duck
7,640 Posts
An SA/CA who knows less about his product than a bunch or random guys on the internet? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts