BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
Should be. If you can use any other cleaner on them then you can use Griots. The Griots products claim to fame is that it does not include dyes and prefumes like Windex and others...It does have a slightly higher ammonia level too for better cleaning

·
Registered
848 Posts
I called them on this and they said it is fine.

I then used it on my windows (obviously tinted) with no negative effects.

God I love their stuff!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Ripsnort said:

Heh!

Hey, how ya healing up bud?
Thanks for asking. Each week it gets better. I am becoming more mobile, and feel less pain. It's been 4 weeks now and I go in for x-rays next week. I am hoping the cast will come off and I can start the physical therapy. The collar bone seems to have re-connected, but there is still an occasional painful remider that it's not all healed.

The worst part is not being able to do the things I enjoy, like washing the car! I have had to take my car to the car wash twice....and the washing sins committed before me were very painful!

Thanks again for asking, hope all is well with you!

·
Registered
179 Posts
in_d_haus said:
Should be. If you can use any other cleaner on them then you can use Griots. The Griots products claim to fame is that it does not include dyes and prefumes like Windex and others...It does have a slightly higher ammonia level too for better cleaning
I know very little about Griot's and which manufacturers they use, but I highly doubt their window cleaner contains ammonia. Any auto window cleaner worth its salt does not contain ammonia......and from what I've heard, Griot's products are top notch. Ammonia is not only very bad for tinted windows, it is also bad for plastics, vinyl & rubber and products like Windex should never be used on your car.

Plexus, Eagle1 20/20 and (believe it or not) Turtle Wax ClearVue make excellent tint-safe window cleaners.

·
Banned
22,730 Posts
I think the smell is that of alcohol, I have a bottle of 100% alcohol (I use it for the rubber of the windshield wipers ( really wipes the window clean in the rain after cleaning it) and Griots window cleaner, side by side they smell almost identical except the Griots is not 100% pure (thankfully!)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts