BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I was wondering if it was possible to convert the normal dash board to a Navigation dash board in a 2008 BMW 335i coupe? nd How much would it be?

Thanks in advance

JR

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,939 Posts
It would be way more than you would want to spend. You'd be better off taking the hit on a trade to get a navi car than to try to retrofit.

·
Not a real doctor.
5,702 Posts
This.

Sent from my DROIDX using Bimmer App

·
Extended Euro Delivery
3,398 Posts
Yikes...Huge endeavor and something that I'm not sure an amateur would want to attempt.

·
Coconut Pete's paella!
5,210 Posts
I was wondering if it was possible to convert the normal dash board to a Navigation dash board in a 2008 BMW 335i coupe?
If by "convert" you mean "replace" then the answer is "yes, anything can be done with enough money".

How much would it be?
If you had the dealer do it ....... oh, probably somewhere between $10,000 and $15,000. Could be higher though.

·
Outside looking in
6,325 Posts
I would bet the factory has to do it. Have you seen film of these things being installed? It is a whole unit.

·
IntarWeb Stalker
10,068 Posts
Yea I wouldn't even come close to wanting anyone but the factory to do this. It's not worth it. One it will be mad expensive, 10-15k is totally reasonable. Two unless it's factory done it won't be right. Something will look off, something will rattle, something won't work.

As said above. Trade your car in, get one with the nav system in place

·
Registered
764 Posts
This would be a more economical choice.

garmin_nuvi_750_001.jpg

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,939 Posts
I would bet the factory has to do it. Have you seen film of these things being installed? It is a whole unit.
I have not seen video of the E90 being produced. Would you post the link, please?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
How often do you need Navi? If so get a Garmin and be done with it. The new ones even have Bluetooth. I take my Garmin out of glovebox maybe 1 time a month, and put on ash tray when I need it. If you use all the time, then get a mount for the side of the radio near glovebox.

And yes, the entire dash is one unit, assembled outside the factory, and install in factory in 1 piece, its like a plug n play.

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,614 Posts
LOL. I'm glad you could translate my total hack job of the word Munich.... Guess posting before I put in the contacts wasn't such a bright idea.

·
Coconut Pete's paella!
5,210 Posts
How often do you need Navi? If so get a Garmin and be done with it. The new ones even have Bluetooth. I take my Garmin out of glovebox maybe 1 time a month, and put on ash tray when I need it. If you use all the time, then get a mount for the side of the radio near glovebox.

And yes, the entire dash is one unit, assembled outside the factory, and install in factory in 1 piece, its like a plug n play.
It goes well beyond that too - which is one reason it would be so expensive. You have the bluetooth/phone, the ease of using the iDrive controller and let's not even get into all the settings you can change that you normally would have to pay the dealer to program. It's much more than a GPS which is why I love it. I still would NEVER try to retrofit it though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First i like to say thanks to all the guys who answered my question...but here is some insight on this issue.
I have a found a place, well actually a website called www.bmwretrofit.com...these guys can actually get you the factory navigation package from BMW, however they do not do installs and the price ain't that cheap either. Check it out or if you guys know any cheaper place than that...let me know

Thanks

JR

1 - 15 of 15 Posts