BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I did a quick search, but didn't find anything that answered this question specifically. I recently ordered the Zaino kit and the guy recommended stripping off the old wax before applying Zaino. Is this step really necessary? I was thinking of just washing, clay bar, and then applying the Zaino wax over whatever existing wax is already on the car.

Just wondering if anyone out there knows whether stripping the wax off before applying new wax really makes a difference. Thanks in advance for all comments/suggestions. :)

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
if you take your time with the clay bar and use it on the entire surface of your car you can skip the 'wax stripping' step. the clay bar will remove wax along with everything else that is on your car's paint. follow zaino's recommendations/tips for applying their products to your car, and good luck to you...you should be happy with the results of your effort!

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Hi All,

I did a quick search, but didn't find anything that answered this question specifically. I recently ordered the Zaino kit and the guy recommended stripping off the old wax before applying Zaino. Is this step really necessary? I was thinking of just washing, clay bar, and then applying the Zaino wax over whatever existing wax is already on the car.

Just wondering if anyone out there knows whether stripping the wax off before applying new wax really makes a difference. Thanks in advance for all comments/suggestions. :)
If you are claying the car you are taking off any product that is on the paint...there is no need to do anything else after that other than start applying your Zaino line.

The Zaino site talks about using Dawn to clean and strip the paint...Since most all car waxes are oil based, the dish soap is a good product to take that off....however clay will do the same thing and take a lot more of the surface containments at the same time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts