BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ballin
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 135i should be delevered in a few weeks and they were sayin how you have to take it easy for the first 1000 miles. Cuz you have to give the motor some time to break in. I can see what, and why they are saying it. Is it really that big a deal. I know its supposed to be better for the whipe in the long run but im only goin to have it for 1 to 2 years till i traid it in for a new 1series. I just wanna make sure im not goin to cause any damage right off the bat.

·
Registered
121 Posts
My 135i should be delevered in a few weeks and they were sayin how you have to take it easy for the first 1000 miles. Cuz you have to give the motor some time to break in. I can see what, and why they are saying it. Is it really that big a deal. I know its supposed to be better for the whipe in the long run but im only goin to have it for 1 to 2 years till i traid it in for a new 1series. I just wanna make sure im not goin to cause any damage right off the bat.
If you "wanna make sure UR not goin to cause any damage right off the bat", then follow the manufacturers engine break-in procedures..

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
It's your car so you can do what you want, but what's the problem with following the recommended break-in procedure?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts