BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
always hard to figure out what the true value of your car is, since list prices often dont have much bearing on what stuff actually sells for, especially since the economy took a dump.

I guess those manheim auctions are true car value?

anyways I have a 2006 330i, about to be 48 months old, sports package, premium sound, auto trans, active steering, in good condition, 18 000 miles (no bluetooth, and in im CA).

Negotiated with US bank, my buyout on end of lease is approx $18 000 after arguing with em for a bit.

Want to lease a new BMW but wondering if I can make money on the above car or its risky...

Also wondering if I still get the returning customer loyalty lease stuff from bmw if I buyout the lease instead of turning in car and getting another lease....

·
Flying monkey herder
8,166 Posts
always hard to figure out what the true value of your car is, since list prices often dont have much bearing on what stuff actually sells for, especially since the economy took a dump.

anyways I have a 2006 330i, about to be 48 months old, sports package, premium sound, auto trans, active steering, in good condition, 18 000 miles (no bluetooth, and in im CA).

Negotiated with US bank, my buyout on end of lease is approx $18 000 after arguing with em for a bit.

Want to lease a new BMW but wondering if I can make money on the above car or its risky...

Also wondering if I still get the returning customer loyalty lease stuff from bmw if I buyout the lease instead of turning in car and getting another lease....
you arent eligible for loyalty as your lease was not with bmwfs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DOH - dems da breaks

guess I'm buying the old car, no new sale for bmw until some new deal comes along....

·
'festing and lovin' it
319 Posts

The main reason the lease rates are higher today is due to the lower residual value .... hence the price of used cars went down 5-10%.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,886 Posts
Congrats on keeping a great car! That's an outstanding price for it!

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Good deal for you, but I'm sure no dealer in their right mind would want that car on their lot without ZPP. Nice low miles though. I had my 330xi for 2.5-yrs and it had 52K miles on it.

By the way the premium sound was standard in 06.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep I only figured out after I leased the car i would have been much better off losing active steering and getting premium package instead, even more so now in 2009 compared to 2006.

you live, you learn......

·
resU deretsigeR
6,259 Posts
yep I only figured out after I leased the car i would have been much better off losing active steering and getting premium package instead, even more so now in 2009 compared to 2006.

If you are keep the car, wouldn't you rather have the options you wanted?

==

I've read that BMW dealer CPO sales were up in 2008. I'm not sure if that is true of the market in general. I'm also not sure if the increase in CPO sales is from lease customers keeping their lease returns.

MB dealers also saw an increase in used car sales.

Why? Maybe simply the increase in lease payments?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actually i think i would have rather wanted the premium package

the active steering feels different, but I wouldn't call it better necessarily (nor worse)... just different.... maybe its better for parking, but thats not exactly a big deal.

the premium package is definitely better than no premium package though.

·
Not Wearing Pants
13,832 Posts
If you are keep the car, wouldn't you rather have the options you wanted?

==

I've read that BMW dealer CPO sales were up in 2008. I'm not sure if that is true of the market in general. I'm also not sure if the increase in CPO sales is from lease customers keeping their lease returns.

MB dealers also saw an increase in used car sales.

Why? Maybe simply the increase in lease payments?
Used car sales are up across the nation. Keep seeing articles about this on forbes and such. People look at a 45k 2009 BMW and a 26k 2007 BMW, well they see the value. 2006s are going for low 20s to teens - which makes them a steal.

If you think that's bad check out the hit some american makes are taking - 50-60% in 2 years!

·
Registered
756 Posts

I can go for years without even turning radio on--except when I am looking out for bad weather. I had my last lease for 6 months before I remembered it has a cd changer in trunk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts