BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Is my key oem or aftermarket?

384 3
Hello all, Simple question does my key look oem? Is the frequency the same on your key?

Would appreciate it alot if you could take a look at your key and tell me if it looks similiar.
Automotive tire Font Tints and shades Auto part Gadget
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
The frequency depends on what country the vehicle was originally sold in.
While on navigation watch the other night, I had hours staring into the darkness to think and started to wonder if your non-starting key was a replacement that was cut but not chipped/coded/synched to start your car.

The Diamond keys have coin batteries soldered inside. They can be replaced, but success is 50/50. They recharge whenever the key is in the ignition, but the car needs to be driven a while to recharge. Batteries do wear out, as do the circuit boards/button mechanisms.

Buy socks on Amazon, not car parts.
Hey there the non starting key seems pretty old (atleast 4 years) and original oem key so i assume it was coded and it did work but either the previous owner dropped it alot or left it out in moistory areas and the transponder chip got damaged.
While on navigation watch the other night, I had hours staring into the darkness to think and started to wonder if your non-starting key was a replacement that was cut but not chipped/coded/synched to start your car.

The Diamond keys have coin batteries soldered inside. They can be replaced, but success is 50/50. They recharge whenever the key is in the ignition, but the car needs to be driven a while to recharge. Batteries do wear out, as do the circuit boards/button mechanisms.

Buy socks on Amazon, not car parts.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts